Post Your Ping Test

Fatback

VIP Member
As a matter of fact, YES It is the battle of ping test. (MY ping is faster than your ping, you slow-pinger you).
Why would I move? My ping already kicks butt :D

Actually your are wrong because this ping test is not accurate at all. I did it 3 times in a row and this is what I got.

2361695.png

2361829.png

2361912.png

Nuff said about that

Fatback

VIP Member
Are you sure an antivirus wasn't kicking on or something with the last test?

yep, I'm sure, I did them back to back only stopping to copy and past the links. Really it could have been anything since I have 2 computer on my network.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Actually your are wrong because this ping test is not accurate at all. I did it 3 times in a row and this is what I got.

It's not the ping test...it's your ISP that is giving you those readings. Looks like your ISP has some serious ups and downs with the connection.

I did mine 3 times in a row and got the exact same numbers all three times. This is my house to Zurich Switzerland...about 500 km.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/2373140.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/2373168.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/2373199.png

Fatback

VIP Member
It's not the ping test...it's your ISP that is giving you those readings. Looks like your ISP has some serious ups and downs with the connection.

I did mine 3 times in a row and got the exact same numbers all three times. This is my house to Zurich Switzerland...about 500 km.

I'm not going to say it's not my IP because I don't know. I do know that this is just a beta and it still has some work that needs to be done on it.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
This ping test is unreliable if your behind a router. I tested servers 200+ miles away and got low pings with A rating and tested servers 50miles away and got pings that gave me a F. Im on 20Mb Fiber Optic so its a test that still needs tweaking.

Im behind a router too :)

awildgoose

I fail.. the last two times I did this it got over 100... so I just keep on re testing until I got something half decent lol.

Geoff

VIP Member

2361695.png

2361829.png

2361912.png

Nuff said about that
Chances are you or someone on your network was downloading or uploading something during the last test. Or perhaps a software program was downloading an update, because the first two tests are accurate.

ScOuT

VIP Member

Failed the first one to Orem, UT, didn't know my connection is that bad!

Ouch...that is horrible for such a short distance. Hopefully you don't pay much for the connection. What plan do you pay for? We have seen this before when somebody is paying for far better service than they get...some people don't even know just using the net on a daily basis.

geekspence

Ouch...that is horrible for such a short distance. Hopefully you don't pay much for the connection.

I think my parents went cheap on the connection but it seems to be plenty fast enough for both of them to work remotely from computers on our network to their offices. I don't know if the computer was downloading something or what, I usually get a fairly good reading from Speedtest.net, around 1.4 down .7 up.