Post Your Windows Experience Index

linkin

VIP Member
I'm not aware of another thread like this so i decided to make one. here you post your WEI score (Windows Experience Index) which gives you a basic idea of how your computer will run Windows Vista/Windows 7/Future O/S

Screenshots or text.

here's mine:

WEI2.jpg

As you can see, my RAM is the "bottleneck" in my system, but for $20 AU I couldn't argue.

EDIT: After reformatting and activating again, the Acer logo disappeared and my RAM got a 0.1 boost :confused:

Last edited:

aviation_man

W7:
WEI.png

My graphics card is the thing that's slowing me down - but it's onboard, so I didn't have to buy an AGP or PCI, so I saved :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heres mine! Win 7 X64.

I thought my hard drive was the bottleneck!,Might look into getting a raptor

w7exp.png

Windows vista and 7 scores dont realy mean anything though.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
I thought my hard drive was the bottleneck!,Might look into getting a raptor

Disk I/O will always be a bottle neck no matter what drive you get. You want one with large amounts of cache (cache is faster than reading off the platter) and you want your system doing minimal things when running those type of benchmarks. If you have your torrent client going and it is uploading a torrent then your hard disk is constantly being used.

jhonrox

windowsindex.jpg

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3GHz Dual Core
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
4GB DDR2 800Mhz OCZ Gold XTC memory
Sapphire Radeon HD4650 512MB
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATAII
on Windows 7RC

tlarkin

VIP Member
If you guys are getting bad HDD scores try doing the test again in safemode.

That is pointless as it does not represent the real user environment that booting in Windows actually does. Your score is meaningless with minimum processes running.