Post your wPrime 32M times

87dtna

Yup.

Something else is wrong as well because even with 4 cores/4 threads he should be under 10 seconds. At 3.8ghz it should be around 9 seconds on 4 cores/4 threads.

EDIT- OH OH, I know what happened. He set thread count to 8 but he doesn't have HT on which made it flop and get an even worse score.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
EDIT- OH OH, I know what happened. He set thread count to 8 but he doesn't have HT on which made it flop and get an even worse score.

No i set it to 4 cores,I know i have HT off i done that to reduce temps and voltage...thats not the issue. :cool:

87dtna

In wprime you set it for 4 threads?

You must have something else running then using the CPU.

You need HT on for this bench, it helps a ton.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
In wprime you set it for 4 threads?

You must have something else running then using the CPU.

You need HT on for this bench, it helps a ton.

Yes wprime 4 threads.

Just checked my Cpu usage while idle and only 1 FF page open and its using 28% :confused:

Not going to bother messing around with HT and everything just for a Benchmark,It performs extremely well in real world stuff so i wont bother.

87dtna

What anti-virus are you using?

Something is using an entire thread of your cpu all the time...wow thats bad.

jonnyp11

don't forget all the drives and stuff he also has since he's got a xonar in there (audio card isn't it) and who knows what all software is in the background on there.

mihir

VIP Member
don't forget all the drives and stuff he also has since he's got a xonar in there (audio card isn't it) and who knows what all software is in the background on there.

That will use up his memory and negligible amount of CPU.
My CPU usage even with chrome on is is 0-1%.
22% is way to high.His windows might be installing the updates and some other stuff might be going on.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
What anti-virus are you using?

Something is using an entire thread of your cpu all the time...wow thats bad.

Kaspersky IS 2012.

It must have been something going on at the time of my posting my above reply,just checked back at the task manager and its 1-3% usage now with just this firefox page open. :)

My systems using 1.5GB of ram Idle.

i have running at startup...
Fraps
Xonar Audio Center
F.Lux
Killer Nic Control Panel
Kaspersky

mihir

VIP Member
Shut down everything and then run the test and then we will see who's (mine or yours) processor is faster clock for clock.Also if you can, overclock yours to 3.84 :D (Devil Smiley here)

linkin

VIP Member
You can also go into msconfig and select "diagnostic startup" which disables all but the most basic processes. Good for lowering your time.

jonnyp11

i got like a 32.---(might be 36.---) and a 106-.--- on my pentium dual core e2210 @2.2ghz, but when i overclocked it to 2.5 and several monitors said it was at 2.5ghz, prime said it was still at 2.2 and gave almost the same score, barely lower at all, might have been ~.1 sec faster i think.

linkin

VIP Member
Almost a one year bump! It's time for wPrime again...

2500k-45ghz-wprime.png

Last edited:

Kitsune

A week to the day exactly 20 minutes later than the last post...
Spot on really :p

wPrime.jpg

Last edited: