Power System

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
2. Peeps need to start paying for shit themselves rather than having their parents pay for it and they'll be quick to realize what is worth getting and what isnt :)

the people i was referring to are probably older than you lol (most of them). they have jobs and houses just like ordinary adults...i guess it gives them room to complain. but yes...that sure does apply to me/people my age...i have 1 newer computer and 2 P3's, 1 AMD K6-2...i hold on to them dearly lmao.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the people I was referring to are probably older than you lol (most of them). they have jobs and houses just like ordinary adults...i guess it gives them room to complain. but yes...that sure does apply to me/people my age
You know what i mean ... i dont litterally mean these specific people but the general subset of society :) (which are often very commonly found on forums and such)

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol yah i get what you mean. i'm always wanting new hardware...
the ram i want for my laptop is slow, crappy, 3-3-3-8 timings...and its still $80 :( so sad. i found an emachines emonster600 in somoenes garbage last week, reformatted HD, installed XP, works perfect! some people are just plain stupid, all it had was a bad sector on HD that failed to load XP...and they threw it out.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
some people are just plain stupid, all it had was a bad sector on HD that failed to load XP...and they threw it out.
Dont be so sure :p Ive had some messed-up "easy fixes" before heehee

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Dont be so sure :p Ive had some messed-up "easy fixes" before heehee

lol yes, i'll leave it running and the box will explode and catch my room on fire or sumthin'. knock on wood!!! BIOS is terrible though, i see why emachines has a bad rep for there older towers like this one.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i see why emachines has a bad rep for there older towers like this one.
Yeah but its important to note that (a) it *is* an OEM and (b) the newer ones arent that bad :)

4W4K3

VIP Member
jcline said:
Well then, you don't plan on playing Doom 3 with the options unleashed do you? :D

i don't plan on playin doom3 at all, or HL2 for that matter. i don't even plan on playing halo 2 :shock and horror: im not much of a gamer anymore...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well then, you don't plan on playing Doom 3 with the options unleashed do you?
Doom3 isnt gonna be horribly capped by that processor: a Celeron2.6+6800GT will fair far better than a P4EE-3.4+5200

or HL2 for that matter
Good man. You're not missing much.

shock and horror: im not much of a gamer anymore...
Dammit me neither ... too busy OCing :p

smitherz

there is nothing wrong with geil RAM, i did buy some Corsair RAM and all i got was the dreded blue screen. i couldnt get my machine stable. sinse the purchase of the Geil RAM its been superb. i'm not saying that Corsair is crap because its #1 on my list, just a bad batch i guess.

and for me to afford that thing i have been working my ass off to come up with the cash.

what a brill system it is, all my time and effort has paid off.

smitherz