Problem with Windows 10

Lucas955

Hi I have 3 questions about Windows.

I sometimes have a problem falling asleep on my desktop PC. I will put the computer to sleep. It repeatedly wakes up differently, for example, after 30,60 minutes or even longer. I figured it does running google chrome which lets windows pop up and you wake windows. Closing it sometimes makes it steady, but it still wakes up. Sometimes the computer is suspending and wakes up when the screen is dark after a few seconds. I stepped out the options but I don't know what it can be. It helps restart and with a freshly started system when no folders are running in the background, the Internet browser is a click, but otherwise I have no idea what it can be.

2. Windows 10, I have 25Gb of free space, over time when the computer is running and I put it to sleep it completely runs out of free space. I do not get it. And there is nowhere to release it. It helps to close everything, eventually restart and place them.

3. On a laptop where I had Windows 8 /8.1 as soon as I switched to WIndows 10 it starts to angry the touch screen. When I turned off the touch screen everything was fine. When I returned to WIndows 8, everything worked again, including the touch screen.

Thanks for the advice

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
1. Are you putting the monitor to sleep or actually wanting the pc to hibernate? If hibernation, then there are some decent amount of issues with drivers that cause problems with hibernation and vice versa.

2. Have you scanned for malware/viruses with Malwarebytes?

3. What do you mean by angry the touchscreen? If its not behaving the way it should then its a driver issue.

Lucas955

I mean, in Windows I put sleep mode in the restart tab. and I look at Hibernation I don't know if I'm allowed. I have the impression that it did google chrome and pop up windows + right the windows at the clock.
For a laptop in Windows 10 it was probably a Windows driver that annoyed the touch screen, after returning to Windows 8 without problems ...

Hi I have 3 questions about Windows.
2. Windows 10, I have 25Gb of free space, over time when the computer is running and I put it to sleep it completely runs out of free space. I do not get it. And there is nowhere to release it. It helps to close everything, eventually restart and place them.

Have you run the disk cleanup utility? In there you have the option to remove just about everything not needed.. (If you like to keep your downloaded files, DO NOT "Check" the Downloaded files option..)
You may need to remove the files used to upgrade your computer to a newer windows version... If that exists… select that..

Thus you may get more free space och your harddrive..