Project Featherweight

Ramodkk

VIP Member
That looks great man! :)

Are you sure that the top panel can handle all the weight? :p Maybe it's just me, my case is very cheap/thin/fragile :eek:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
It should, it'll have 10 bolts with washers underneath it when I'm completely finished. Plus, my computer isn't that heavy anyways :).

Kornowski

VIP Member
Looks great! Nice work!

What's the key for? I think it'd look really good sprayed all black, do you plan on painting it?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Looks great! Nice work!

What's the key for? I think it'd look really good sprayed all black, do you plan on painting it?

Turning it on ;). And I'm not sure about painting, I might if I find the time. I would really like to seeing that some of the (crappy) paint job was scratched during my modding process. However I am not too confident about my painting abilities yet.

Jerrick

Masking off the parts you dont want painted is easy, but could take a while if you want a perfect cover.

Then painting is actually really easy to do. A few coats, then a clear coat for a bit mroe protectiong, and that can be in glossy or matte depending on what finish you want.

This is looking to be a sweet mod. I kinda want to rip apart my new comp I built and start modding now. :eek:

Mitch?

banned
that's pretty awesome.
you remember those old HTPC type beige chassis everything used to be in?
we cut the tops/bottom off of four and made a server case :p
you're is prettier though! but we have like, 20 3.5 inch bays haha

Kornowski

VIP Member
Turning it on ;). And I'm not sure about painting, I might if I find the time. I would really like to seeing that some of the (crappy) paint job was scratched during my modding process. However I am not too confident about my painting abilities yet.

Ah right, Cool. So there isn't going to be a power button?

Did you see the thread I made about painting my case? That was the first time I'd every sprayed anything, and it came out far better than I expected it to, it's really easy!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Ah right, Cool. So there isn't going to be a power button?

Did you see the thread I made about painting my case? That was the first time I'd every sprayed anything, and it came out far better than I expected it to, it's really easy!

Well the original button is still going to be there, but I haven't decided whether to hook it up or not.

And yeah I saw that thread. How much sanding tit you have to do, and also how many layers did you spray?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well the original button is still going to be there, but I haven't decided whether to hook it up or not.

And yeah I saw that thread. How much sanding tit you have to do, and also how many layers did you spray?

I actually didn't do any sanding. I degreased it all then applied a very thin coat and then did several others that were a little thicker.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
:confused:

lol.

So there are no other mods for this thing?
I think I'd like to see it when you put everything inside. :cool:

oops, typo. And I'm not sure yet, I might paint it, but I think going to be about it. I'll move it over in a few weeks.

I actually didn't do any sanding. I degreased it all then applied a very thin coat and then did several others that were a little thicker.

I see, but that was the inside of your case right? Does it matter that I'm painting the outside which already has a layer of paint?

Kornowski

VIP Member
It was the inside and outside. But the outside was only the back as everything else was already black. I'd probably just de-grease it and then paint it with a few good coats. If you really wanted to, I guess you could sand it down a little with some really low grit paper.

Ramodkk

VIP Member
didyouknowthat, remember that if you do ever want to connect your power switch (the original one in the case) I'm not sure but I think it'd have to be a 3-way switch which means you can turn it on/off from two locations. At least that's in light switches for example, if you have a ceiling lamp in your stairs, and you want it to turn on/off from 2 different switches (main floor and 2nd floor) the 2 switches would need to be 3-way switches.

And I don't think there's momentary 3-way switches so...

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
didyouknowthat, remember that if you do ever want to connect your power switch (the original one in the case) I'm not sure but I think it'd have to be a 3-way switch which means you can turn it on/off from two locations. At least that's in light switches for example, if you have a ceiling lamp in your stairs, and you want it to turn on/off from 2 different switches (main floor and 2nd floor) the 2 switches would need to be 3-way switches.

And I don't think there's momentary 3-way switches so...

I think you need a 3-way switch for on-off switches, not momentary switches. I mean, the "on" signal is just a short circuit, and the electricity will just bypass the switch that isn't on.