Project Watertunnel

ScottALot

Very nice man, love the clean up job with the R4!

And now I see why you're telling me so much about the Zalman PSUs.

tremmor

Have to admit. You boys are way to advanced for me. hands down and barred none. Im happy with a intel rep and works.
Guess thats why i keep coming back. If i don't know then i can ask.
Cheers........

bomberboysk

Update, replaced my Coolermaster R4's with some scythe slipstreams i had, dropped my temps 12c now i am maxing at 58c vs 70c. Now to see what my deltas do once i get the money to buy them. Time to find some spots to put my r4's as case fans.

Last edited:

ScottALot

If you want really constant airflow, you should use the fan as a pull fan because the airflow is smoother than after it's been chopped through the fan.

bomberboysk

If you want really constant airflow, you should use the fan as a pull fan because the airflow is smoother than after it's been chopped through the fan.
Not being rude but i dont need to be told how to run my own test:p I already chatted with some guys from arctic silver and while they dont support testing they did give me alot of good variables and such that need to be controlled. And actually the intake of a fan is more turbulent to a degree, while the exhaust is uniformly circulating.

Last edited:

ScottALot

Hey, man, it's just a suggestion. And what I meant is the general speed of the air, not so much the direction. So if it's taking in air, the air is coming to a general point instead of emanating from a general point. (My dad flew a P-3... he's sorta telling me what to type :/ )

ganzey

banned
Not being rude but i dont need to be told how to run my own test:p I already chatted with some guys from arctic silver and while they dont support testing they did give me alot of good variables and such that need to be controlled. And actually the intake of a fan is more turbulent to a degree, while the exhaust is uniformly circulating.

BOOM! roasted

bomberboysk

Hey, man, it's just a suggestion. And what I meant is the general speed of the air, not so much the direction. So if it's taking in air, the air is coming to a general point instead of emanating from a general point. (My dad flew a P-3... he's sorta telling me what to type :/ )
Aerodynamically there is quite a bit different between a 120mm .47A fan and four 4500 horsepower engines with 13.5ft propellers;)

just a noob

you should do that thing with straws like the did on mythbusters(i think think they took a box of straws and cut it in half then placed it on the exhaust to get even distribution) actually, i think it's called a honey comb? or something like that anyway

bomberboysk

you should do that thing with straws like the did on mythbusters(i think think they took a box of straws and cut it in half then placed it on the exhaust to get even distribution) actually, i think it's called a honey comb? or something like that anyway
Not for this test, but i may make a mini wind tunnel out of one of the delta's im going to buy and do that.

WeatherMan

God damn I wouldn't like to get my hand stuck in that rear fan hole :eek: Stick a fan guard over it, or better yet file those metal spikes down :eek: