Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Neither, my computer kicks their ass.

Votes: 36 29.8%

• Total voters

Smurf-you

banned
Considering the ps3 will be faster then the xbox 360 by twice the speed, And better games better graphics, And over clock speed of 4ghz which is faster then nearly any home pc, I think the ps3 will be a VERY GOOD MACHINE

But then the price, who knows...

And the looks of both of ps3 and xbox 360 there both near enough same colour, And personally i recon ps3 should stick with black, And xbox black and a lovely green.

apj101

VIP Member
Considering the ps3 will be faster then the xbox 360 by twice the speed, And better games better graphics,

thats a bold statement, i do agree that from what has been shown thus far the ps3 is a cut above the 360 but thats only on the demo models shown so far. I dont think that any scale has it been shown to be twice as fast.

And better games
thats a matter of judgement - Halo3 will no doubt be a top seller. Especially since it is getting releases on the exact same day as the ps3 is, devious marketing going on there.

I think the ps3 will be a VERY GOOD MACHINE
I'm sure both will be good, personally i agree with you and will consider holding on for the ps3.

But then the price
Good point does anyone have any idea on the expected price, they will prob be quite similar.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
accorfing to the sun yesterday, the xbox 360 will be £165+ when it comes out, and the PS3 something like £180+. either way, from what ive seen the xbox is more of a entertainment unit whilst the PS3 seems more of a console, and well having a entertainment unit would save so much money, plus HALO3, and bringing it out on the release day of PS3 is a genius idea

Travo925

XBOX! That is all i can say. Microsoft out did Sony with the first xbox, and no doubt will they out do them this time. How? Well Xbox's online is a lot better the ps2's, and of course...xbox has Halo :)

P11

VIP Member
Smurf-you said:
Considering the ps3 will be faster then the xbox 360 by twice the speed, And better games better graphics, And over clock speed of 4ghz which is faster then nearly any home pc, I think the ps3 will be a VERY GOOD MACHINE

But then the price, who knows...

And the looks of both of ps3 and xbox 360 there both near enough same colour, And personally i recon ps3 should stick with black, And xbox black and a lovely green.
Actually no, the xbox 360 will have 3 (3.2ghz processors) and the ps3 will only have one 3.2 ghx processor.

Charlie7940

XBOX! That is all i can say. Microsoft out did Sony with the first xbox, and no doubt will they out do them this time. How? Well Xbox's online is a lot better the ps2's, and of course...xbox has Halo

I definitely smell a fanboy...

I don't see how you can openly state that Xbox was better than PS2. Whoever owns a PS2 will say it's better and whoever owns a Xbox will say it's better. I think it comes down to a matter of opinion.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
it is a matter a of fact........but if you put the specs of both consoles together, then you can see that xbox was the more powerful of the 2 machines

4W4K3

VIP Member
Charlie7940 said:

I don't see how you can openly state that Xbox was better than PS2. Whoever owns a PS2 will say it's better and whoever owns a Xbox will say it's better. I think it comes down to a matter of opinion.

exactly. i don't own either so that might make my opinion a bit more fair.

the XBOX had bettter graphics, while the PS2 looked/played alot better. out of all my friend's XBOX's, all of them have at least frozen up or overheated once when i was playing them. they have serious problems. i've never played a PS2 and had it have a problem like freezing or overheating.

that in all fairness is my only beef, if i had to choose one i'd say PS2 because it plays DVD's without a little $40 attachment thing and its smaller and loks alot better. I prefer the PS2 selection of gmaes as well, never really liked Halo series after playing them for a few months...got old fast. but they werent exactly BAD either.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
yeah micorsoft lost loads of money when they found out the power cables were fualty. and the whole dvd remote was the most annoying thing ever, although i had a dvd player already so it wasnt a majordeal, but it did let it down a bit

jonskijet

I have done alotta research on both and have owned both a ps2 and an xbox in the past. this is my analysis:

1. a game console is bought top play games, right? so why isn't anyone paying attention to the developer lineups! Xbox 360 kicks in this area with their huge developer lineup and xbox live.... something ps3 doesn't have anything like.

2. even if a console has killer games... why play them if you have to hold a brick to play them? xbox's controller is obviously going to be great to hold... and i hope the ps3's will as well. i really don't understand why sony had to redesign the controller because it was probably the b est controller ever created... but who knows? maybe this new boomerang ps3 controller will feel great!

3. The system specs on both consoles are close. Sure the ps3 is going to be faster... but not by much. I encourage you all to go to IGN.com and check out the specs. The consoles are just built differently. 360 has many cores with more ram, but ps3 has one with less ram but gives more power. i doubt you will see as much of a graphic difference between the two as we see between xbox and ps2.

4. xbox live. xbox live. why doesn't sony see that the future of gaming is online? If the ps3 can utilize a online service for every game, they will hae much competition against xbox.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
jonskijet said:
2. even if a console has killer games... why play them if you have to hold a brick to play them? xbox's controller is obviously going to be great to hold... and i hope the ps3's will as well. i really don't understand why sony had to redesign the controller because it was probably the b est controller ever created... but who knows? maybe this new boomerang ps3 controller will feel great!
it sure as hell doesnt look very nice (PS3 controller)

apj101

VIP Member
the graphic are going to be in line, it just a matter of the line up that they put.
Xbox has a few good games, halo has probably been its flagship. Dont pick the consol based on the graphics pick it based on the games.

If online gaming is your fancy then xbox is the path, personally online gaming is not the way for me. And i will stay faithful to sony for know, at least until i see what games are goning to be developed. Microsoft have got several month to impress me

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
There was (are still?) some patent infringment lawsuits against sony for the use of the dualshock2 controller, plus the design really has to change I like the ps1/2 design as well, IMO it's as close to perfect as you can get, but its been the same since the PSX.
For me the draw for the PS3 is the full backwards compatability with PS2 and PSX games (and I don't really like Halo :p).

flame1117

banned
Charlie7940 said:

This whole thread is based on opinion.It dosn;t matter whitch one is more powerfull and better graphics...its how good the games are, and you don't know that yet.the graphics will be close enough.

One this i noticed, the PS3 has less ram but faster ram, one RAM is only 50Mhz faster then the other....

System memory
Xbox 360 PlayStation 3
512 MB GDDR3 RAM (700 MHz) 256 MB XDR RAM (3.2GHz)

I also think havning 7 controllers in cool on the PS3. And for what the website says Xbox 360 wont be compatible with all Reg Xbox games...whats up with that?

And for the CPU thiing, this is what the site says, they will both be 3.2GHZ but Xbox has 3 cores that are dual threaded, and PS3 has 8 cells silngle threaded.

3.2 GHz PowerPC with 3 dual-threaded processor cores 3.2 GHz Cell processor with 8 single-threaded synergistic processing units cores (not directly comparable to Xbox 360 processor cores)

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Which will you buy?
Neither. While they may have immense computational firepower ... having to play games on a low resolution, low refresh, high-dotpitch screen from far away just isnt appealing :)