• PS3

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 47 38.8%
  • Neither, my computer kicks their ass.

Votes: 36 29.8%

• Total voters

Thug541

Well of course, the PC is ever upgradable. Right now though, the xbxo360 is currently more powerful than all but the most expensive computers. Of course that will change within a year most likely...but it is a testiment to the power capable with it.

P11

VIP Member
Thug541: Well of course, the PC is ever upgradable. Right now though, the xbxo360 is currently more powerful than all but the most expensive computers. Of course that will change within a year most likely...but it is a testiment to the power capable with it.

Don't know where you heard that, but 2x 7800gtx 512 dual core - 4 gpu's SLI, owns xbox 360.

Thug541

P11 said:
Don't know where you heard that, but 2x 7800gtx 512 dual core - 4 gpu's SLI, owns xbox 360.

I said the all but super expensive computers......aka 2 7800gtx.....lets see, $400 for a plenty powerful xbox360 configuration, or $1200 for two video cards.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I said the all but super expensive computers......aka 2 7800gtx.....lets see, $400 for a plenty powerful xbox360 configuration, or $1200 for two video cards.

Can I take the two videocards? :p.

H-Bomb

I personally don't like the fact that MS claim that the Xbox 360 is next-gen when it really isn't. It supports 720p as a HD resolution but that display format has been around for a while now. I think it supports 1080i on 1 or 2 games but whats the point if the 360 doesn't play ANY next-gen media. Neither HD-DVD or Blue Ray are supported. It seems to me that MS are trying to pass off the 360 as something it isn't. I wish they would just tell the truth and say "It's like the Xbox...only a bit better"

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
yeh but when next gen is this gen, this gen will be an old gen, and next gen will be a newer gen than the older newer gen. so really, next gen never actually arrives.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
would ps3's cell processor be considered next gen? And i dont like counsoles cause once a newer console comes out, its basically dead. Also, you can't mod it that much seeing there's no room for anything and to me, half the fun in buildilng a computer is modding it.

H-Bomb

What i meant was that MS are using the term "next-gen" as some sort of stupid catchphrase to try and excite people who somehow believe they will be "entering the next generation of gaming". It's a term that means nothing. If you truly wanted "next-gen" today, surely you woud have to travel forward in time or something?!!

TooMuchButtHair

H-Bomb said:
What i meant was that MS are using the term "next-gen" as some sort of stupid catchphrase to try and excite people who somehow believe they will be "entering the next generation of gaming". It's a term that means nothing. If you truly wanted "next-gen" today, surely you woud have to travel forward in time or something?!!

I think by next gen, they're trying to say that they're officially beginning the next generation on computers (the Xbox 360 and PS3 are, afterall, computers.). The Xbox 360 IS next gen because it has 3 processors, and 2 hardware threads per. The reason it's next gen is because Intel (and we all know they're a massive company) is going to release multi-processor computers beginning in 2007. So, in essence, the Xbox 360 is the beginning of the next-gen.

H_L

lol pc will always kick anyway the reason the xbox is better than the ps2 is that the ps2 is older!!!

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

I hear you but... I'm sure they simply mean or could argue that they mean that it is the next generation X-box. Does not need to mean anything but.

Doom_Machine

well they mention next gen games, which i took to mean games that are offering all of dx9's features including real mapping/soft shadows/hdr/ sm3.0..etc, theres been a few on the pc that offer some but not many that offer all thos features, but i'm sure they reference thier hardware as well but seeing quake 4 stutter on the 360 tells me its THIS generation,not next