Question regarding all the spam comming into the forums...

plowexvii

LOL

just checking the forums this morning and it seems what i typed didn't get out across clearly with what i meant.

More trustworthy admins= more admins like yourself praetor. :)

haha, sorry to those who were offended.

And what i meant by "reviewing", just simply limiting the number of users that are able to join. Theres always going to be positives and negatives about it, such as having good potential members joining. But then you have spammers having to wait. If i were a spammer, and had to wait to get in this forums, in my mind i'd simply go bother another forum.

However, keep in mind this was just in the past few days that i realized how much spam was comming into the forums. Then again, it was cleared that day so i must give you guys credit.

In no way was i dissing (sp lol) any of you admins. Now all of you have a great day.

phill

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
And what I meant by "reviewing", just simply limiting the number of users that are able to join
Yes but thats not our philosophy, anyone and everyone is welcome (provided they follow rules and apply common sense etc). Furthermore, your definition of reviewing is (a) nonintuitive (but thats sorted now) and (b) wholly nonimplementable due to feasability issues.

Pyotr

If you were able to sort out spammers (which you aren't), admins and mods wouldn't have much to do. :p

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
Bingo ... sides it takes away the fun of banning :p

lol.

Pyotr, there are still a lot of illegal posts.. I guess Praetor, Ian or I could come up with a little filter php script that will auto-delete every post that contains the words "free" and/or "ipod"... that will instantly save us a few hours every day ;)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
SFR said:
lol.

Pyotr, there are still a lot of illegal posts.. I guess Praetor, Ian or I could come up with a little filter php script that will auto-delete every post that contains the words "free" and/or "ipod"... that will instantly save us a few hours every day ;)

This suggestion is a good one, but could be overcome, as with hotmail filtering, by for example writing Fr33 like this or the 1P0D like this with a zero instead of the O. You see my point? Sooner or later spammers would overcome such filtering.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
jancz3rt said:
This suggestion is a good one, but could be overcome, as with hotmail filtering, by for example writing Fr33 like this or the 1P0D like this with a zero instead of the O. You see my point? Sooner or later spammers would overcome such filtering.

..I was only joking...

writing a piece of code to take care of spammers, scammers and piracy enthusiasts would take the fun out of closing or deleting a thread and banning the user...

Too many things are automated.. good old-fashion manual labor is needed sometimes ;)

stalex111

I guys, i know it was a joke, but imagine you put all these scripts in to filter posts, and you add more cuz spammers get past, and more, and more, and more...
Do you get my point?

stalex111

Yes they can, but sometimes i see posts from people have the LED's of what they were before they were banned, but instead of having a name like "computer technician" it just says "banned". Now if they are banned, how can they post????

stalex111

Yes, i am quite sure. Do you think its something like:
they login, but don't log out, and they are banned, but then, they can still post?