Quick question before I order

beers

Staff member
What is your intended use? I probably wouldn't bother with a card that slow unless you strictly just need more monitors for 2d work.

Cooperjazzy55

It's just I have a 19" monitor through vga with onboard graphics and its blurry, just want to solve the blurry, the computer is just for basic tasks

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
No point in getting it unless you need to attach a second monitor.

Darren

Staff member
Would it not give me a sharper image?

Your resolution is probably set incorrectly. When selecting your resolution there's normally a (recommended) after one of them. Try that. If that's not the issue it might be the monitor or the cable.

Cooperjazzy55

I have tried every resolution possible along with refresh rates, I had a 15inch and it was fine but put on the 19 and its blurry

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Unless you connect it with something other than VGA (such as DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort) the image will look blurry because it's an analog signal instead of a sharper digital signal.

Darren

Staff member
Unless you connect it with something other than VGA (such as DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort) the image will look blurry because it's an analog signal instead of a sharper digital signal.

I don't think that's it. I used a straight VGA signal to my 1600 x 900 20inch monitor for several years and when I switched to DVI I never noticed a difference. Yeah I'd prefer DVI but in my experience VGA isn't noticeably blurrier.

beers

Staff member
I don't think that's it. I used a straight VGA signal to my 1600 x 900 20inch monitor for several years and when I switched to DVI I never noticed a difference. Yeah I'd prefer DVI but in my experience VGA isn't noticeably blurrier.

I have two of the same monitor next to each other at work, one with DP and one with VGA and the VGA one is so obviously blurry in comparison it's kind of amusing, although the res is 1080p. I believe it gets a little blurrier at higher resolutions.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
So if I got a new graphics card with a dvi to vga cable would that solve it?

No because you'd still be getting an analog signal.

beers (and myself) are correct.

Darren

Staff member
No because you'd still be getting an analog signal.

beers (and myself) are correct.

I'll defer to you two then since you're both more experienced than myself. I just know in my personal experience I didn't notice much difference.

Darren

Staff member
See if you can get an actual picture of the blurriness. You'll need to use a camera, not a screenshot. I'm still thinking it's something else. If the monitor only has VGA input then you might need a whole new monitor, or you might have something else going on. Still, I would think even a 19 inch monitor wouldn't suffer from terrible image quality out of VGA. Like I said I had a 20inch monitor and used it for gaming through VGA and never noticed any issues.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Still, I would think even a 19 inch monitor wouldn't suffer from terrible image quality out of VGA. Like I said I had a 20inch monitor and used it for gaming through VGA and never noticed any issues.

Depends on the resolution you run.

I cant get a picture as the iphone corrects the image so it doesnt show the issue

Doesn't really matter. What connections does your monitor have?