Quick question before I order

Darren

Staff member
Depends on the resolution you run.

True, I was just operating under the assumption that a 19 inch monitor would have a similar or lesser resolution than what I did.

Have you tried resetting the monitor to factory defaults or played with any of the settings on it? Tried a different monitor?

Darren

Staff member
Ok what card is best for this system?

If it is VGA that's causing the problem there's nothing else you can do except replace the monitor. Getting a new video card won't accomplish anything if the input for the monitor is still VGA.

Darren

Staff member
Then yeah that's fine. As long as you have a DVI output and a decent monitor you should have no problems with what you're trying to do.

Jiniix

You don't need a 400W PSU for a 6450 - unless your CPU, RAM and HDD uses 350W (which they don't :))

Cooperjazzy55

Just a quick update, new graphics card in and the monitor was still very blurry, bought a good quality vga cable and it was solved, moral of the story, don't buy cheap off eBay! Buy cheap buy twice :)

Darren

Staff member
Just a quick update, new graphics card in and the monitor was still very blurry, bought a good quality vga cable and it was solved, moral of the story, don't buy cheap off eBay! Buy cheap buy twice :)

Yeah I was kinda thinking it would be something else. VGA isn't THAT bad. Glad you got it sorted.