Raid faliure, re-use drives?

newatit27

I had been running on of my boxes in a raid 0 config, using 2 250GB SATA II segatei clear hdds. connected into ports 1&2.

It then failed, now I am just trying to use the drives in JBOD but no matter what I try i can't read the drive plugged into port 1, by this i mean its no detected in POST or in the settings of bios.

the reason I believed it failed was because the power cable to drive 1 was out and when i cleared and deleted the array it did not have power, could this be the reason I cannont see it at all? because I cleared the array on one drive only?

can I some how use it again?

(oh and one that does work takes upward of 8 minutes to get bpast the xp loading bar?!?!)

Last edited:

Vipernitrox

Which loading bar you mean? the xp one? or just a plain post loading bar?
About the hd's try them in another pc without raid.

Vipernitrox

that's really weird... i would try putting it on another mobo.
Don't have enough experience with raid to give you any more advice.
The drives should be usable i can say that.

ADE

banned
This is why I wont do RAID. They told me you'd have a better chance of just a hard drive dying, now look!

newatit27

This is why I wont do RAID. They told me you'd have a better chance of just a hard drive dying, now look!

Yeah, I don't think I will try raid again for a while. even though It was my fault knew I shouldn't have used raid 0 :mad: ah well, live and learn I guess.

I am just gonna settle for some nice raptor drives next time.

oh and i would put it in my other computer to see if it could read the drive.......If it wasn't in the shop getting GFX card replaced under warranty (man o man I am having bad luck lately)

Last edited: