Random Shut-Down

heyman421

banned
make sure that the case fans aren't clogged with dust/dirt

make sure (this is what killed me) that your case doesn't have screens/air filters (i didn't know my case had them, and they got clogged)

it's most likely dust, compounded with the fact that the temperatures are of course rising in the spring

happeharkore

well they were clogged,i cleaned them out and they run flawlessly now.it lowered the temperature but its still shutting down after 20ish minutes :-\

theboy

google memtest. you should get a link to download and run it.

Really though your CPU temp is far too high and hitting the warning stage. Re-apply some artic silver 5 like stated above.;)

theboy

Do you have any fans blowing cold air in and blowing hot air out?

EDIT: open up task manager and look under processes....see if you have anything thats loading your CPU. and post them here.

Last edited:

happeharkore

there are no fans on the case, there is a fan on the PSU, a fan on my video card, and a fan above the processor i think.

theboy

Could be your video card overheating while playing a game. I'd definatly get some more fans in your case. But would recommend taking a look at your PSU for specs.

happeharkore

Your TEMP 2 (most often CPU temp) is very high, however, the fact that you're temp 1 is -10C indicates a misread by speedfan. Boot into BIOS and get the temps from there, to see if speedfan is accurate.

If speedfan is accurate, then a new HSF with some AS5 (arctic silver 5) should solve the problem.

Ok well i went to the store and got some Silver Thermal Compound and im ready to use it. problem is i dont know what im using it on. any way anyone could point me towards a guide that would help me out would be appreciated