Rank Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

flame1117

banned
Praetor said:
VIB
MOD
Classic forum moderator position. Applications are open however the following are a general requirement:
- 200+ posts, significant portions of which are not one-liners but actually helpful posts
- Demonstrated expertise/understanding in areas relevant to the forum section selected
- Generally speaking, "not a moron" (follows/enforces rules, is helpful etc). A very big factor here is to demonstrate open-mindedness... for instance, fanboyism would be a bad thing to demonstrate.
- Requires Administrator approval
- If you think you're qualified, have a visit http://www.computerforum.com/apply_mod.php?
I was almost going to try and apply and see what happens a while ago, but then I thought "Whats the point?"

I don't think i would be picked JUST for such bad spelling/grammer, and then at least a little more knowlegdeable in more catogorys.

At least im helpfull when I can be and don;t break any rules(Well iv'e de-railed some threads....but not that many, and nothing besides that.)

EDIT:err, I thought page three was the last page, my mistake.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
That rule is there for a reason, at 5 posts with each poster having a 19.5KB avatar thats already ~100KB for the page, some people don't have highspeed connections.

Geoff

VIP Member
then you should allow to insert any pic, and it automatically adjusts it to the proper size and dimensions.

Geoff

VIP Member
ian said:
I am open to suggestions on the user titles, I couldnt think of anything else....
how about naming them "new member" "bronze Member" Silver Member" ect.

:p

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
then you should allow to insert any pic, and it automatically adjusts it to the proper size and dimensions.
A resize could be done, but what if someone uses an animated gif (which are allowed) that exceeds the size limit?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Maybe on the theming on idea, we could do it relating to some current event or movie... Like for X-Men, different characters:
Admins= Professor X
Mods= Magneto
VIP= Mystique
Platinum= Wolverine
Gold= Cyclops
Silver= Jean Gray
Bronze= Storm
Newbie= Rogue
Something like that... :)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Hypno-toad said:
I think the highest rank should be hacker.

First, consider Rule 2 of the Computer Forum Rules:

2. Discussions which actively encourage illegal hacking/malicious harm to computers/networks is prohibited.

Now, should the highest rank be hacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.