Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing error

spirit

Staff member
Ah yes my Dad has the UD5H and the BIOS it comes shipped with is bad, sorry I forgot to tell you about that. :/ Only just remembered. Yes, pleased the update worked, it worked for him too (though he had other issues because he doesn't have a GPU).

You need to download the graphics driver for your 670 from NVIDIA's website, then download the chipset, USB 3.0, SATA and audio drivers from Gigabyte's site. Don't download and install the graphics driver from Gigabyte's site, as that driver is for onboard graphics, not your 670.

wbt50

OK so I need to download all the drivers except for the VGA ? I already got the driver for my GPU.
Thanks again Spirit, your a good guy!

spirit

Staff member
Yes download them all apart from VGA. The most essential ones are chipset, SATA, audio and USB 3.0.

wbt50

Will do, its taking a while with my ridiculously slow speeds.
I just hope that I won't see another BSOD.

wbt50

Now the BIOS won't recognized my drives :/

Everything just gets worse and worse. Clearing CMOS doesn't seem to work

wbt50

Unless I insert the Windows boot disk. Both my drives aren't recognized.
Ill try yet another fresh install.

wbt50

Please help, anyone ?

When I try and install windows on my hdd I get a message saying- Windows cannot be installed to GPT disk.

spirit

Staff member
I think the SSD is your problem. Try installing Windows onto the HDD.

You haven't overclocked your graphics card with Afterburner have you?

wbt50

I've got BIOS to recognize my SSD again, but it couldn't boot to windows so I'm reinstalling windows on it again.

Does anyone have any sort of idea what could be the problem ?

spirit

Staff member
Really, I think your problem is the SSD. I recently had a Crucial M4 SSD go bad and the BIOS kept refusing to detect it.

Install Windows onto your hard drive and see what happens.

wbt50

Windows has just finished installing on the ssd. I'll give it a shot one more time.

Is there any test or update possible for the ssd ? Its an OCZ agility 3 btw.

spirit

Staff member
Look on OCZ's website and see if they offer any tools to check the health of the drive.

wbt50

All I hve downloaded so far is gpu driver and the sound driver. What will happen if I don't download the rest of the motherboard drivers ?

Will there be any major drawbacks ?

spirit

Staff member
I'd recommend installing the chipset drivers and the other drivers too.

I still think the issue is possibly with your SSD if your BIOS sometimes does not detect it.

wbt50

Scratch that. Got a BSOD without most of the drivers. Ill install windows on to my hdd now.

spirit

Staff member
Let me know if you get any more problems. I think your SSD is the problem here. They don't often go wrong, but it happens.

wbt50

I'm going to try 1 final thing before installing OS on the HDD.
I moved the SSD on to a Intel controller over a marvel controller on the motherboard.
Ill see how it goes.