Router Help

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
This assumes everything is connected as it should be. If not, it won't work.

In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, edit "Local Area Connection 2" (properties).

Double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). On the general tab enter the static IP information we have listed in a prior post (http://www.computerforum.com/226842-router-help.html#post1912271).

Once that is done, try to navigate to 192.168.1.1. You should be prompted to login, as stated by John, the default credentials are blank username with admin as the password. If you get a 404 error you likely aren't connected properly or the router is toast.

Eric4753

I didn't get a 404 error, but I entered the ip ,and it asked for a subnet, it filled that in automatically I exited everything, but I'm still not getting an Internet connection through ethernet or wireless. (i tried getting connection through airport on the mac and ethernet gets nothing too.)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Let me ask you something. What is your IP of the modem? If IP of modem and router are interfering, you won't get internet. What brand and model of modem do you have?

Eric4753

I don't have a modem I'm usb tethering on my phone. then sharing the internet to my router, so I can have an open nat for playstation and xbox

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So the cable from the pc to the router... Do you have it hooked up to the wan(internet) port or one of the 4 lan ports?