Router/modem help

EWC88

Just bought a house and will be getting Comcast to come out for tv and internet. I do not want to be doing a rental fee for their modem so want to buy one straight up. Budy of mine says to get a separate modem and router instead of a all in one unit.

Wanted to ask you guys the pros on your thoughts. Should I buy something separate or a all in one modem/router? Comcast gave me website to look up with speed im going for for what router. For now I'm just doing 100mps for first year since still settling in and all. After that year I will probably advance the speed.

Any help on what to do I really appreciate!

beers

Staff member
What kind of a budget?

SB6183 and your router of choosing isn't a bad combo. Some people separate out their router and wifi access point as well with Ubiquiti gear but it's a little more expensive than most AIO routers.

EWC88

Budget, not trying to go to high, $150 range is cool, but possibly I will go to $200 if it's a good all in one if they are worth it.

EWC88

And is that a all in one type or no? Are all in one good or better to do seperate? Comcast said Docsis 3 is what they recommend. Like mention $150-$200 I will spend, but if I can get a great one under that I am always open to that lol.