Whats better?

• Roxio Easy Media Creator 8

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ahead Nero 7

Votes: 26 96.3%

• Total voters

4W4K3

VIP Member
got Nero free...so I guess Nero? So far though it's been too confusing. I wanted to copy a CD, but it just made an image file, then didn't burn anything after like 5 minutes. still dunno what it did...

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
Nero is easy to use and i liked it once i started using it
i never really used roxio before

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
unmarkedcoupe said:
Nero all the way.Also nero 7 is a lil easier than 6
i had some problems with nero 7
something with closing session
it never happens with previous versions of nero
i went back to older nero instead of 7

underworld288

you guys are just saying that because you never took the time out to figure roxio out, if you did im sure you would like it. and as for the problems with nero 7 that is why i switched to roxio.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I used Nero 5.x a long time on my first PC and it worked great. Then I got a new PC and Roxio was pre-installed. Using it was a royal pain; coasters, some menu items were greyed out, clunky interface, corrupt files on the burnt discs. I got Nero 6 two years ago and have yet to burn a coaster out of maybe 10 discs a month burnt.

youtin

I use Nero, never really tried Roxio before. But I hate Nero 7. Bloatware, in my opinion. So I went back to 6. Always does everything I need, the way I want it ;)

fade2green514

ive been using nero 7 ultra edition. it converts pretty much any type of video i want it to. dont think ive ever had a problem with it. its also got an "ultra buffer" which i guess helps the dvd/cd to burn more stable and its never failed to burn something for me. i use iTunes for music cds though.
nero 7 wasn't a lot different from 6... i guess it added blu-ray support though which should be good for future optical drive support :D

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I've used both, and Nero tends to have a few less errors when burning, and I think is a little easier to use.

diroga

imo dont buy software when there is good quality freeware out there. the only reason i used nero back in the day is beacuse it came with my old cd burner.