sata hardrive help urgent for god help me

darkd3vil

who should i call for techie support, aopen or seagate, because i want this solved today. i am not really happy with aopen not sending a paper manual with the comptuer all they sent was a instellation guide and a cd drive which has the manual on it so who should i call that can help

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i dont think I can read the manual its gonna take about3 hours to dl adobe
Didnt the motherboard come with a manual??

who should I call for techie support, aopen or seagate, because I want this solved today.
Aopen would be the people to talk to.

i am not really happy with aopen not sending a paper manual with the comptuer all they sent was a instellation guide and a cd drive which has the manual on it so who should I call that can help
You mean they sold you a computer that doesnt boot? Or did you buy parts from them or what? If they sold you a computer that doesnt boot, call Aopen and yell at them ... they'll redo the job and give you something else on the side :)
http://english.aopen.com.tw/Products/MB/ak89max.htm

In either case it would have helped to know your core specs on the onset -- would have been easier to help you if you. Ill have a look at the manual today and see what i can find out.

Edit: on your other thread http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?p=5875&posted=1#post5875 you said you built the computer ... so goto wherever you got the mobo and yell at them :)

Last edited:

darkd3vil

Praetor said:
Didnt the motherboard come with a manual??

Aopen would be the people to talk to.

You mean they sold you a computer that doesnt boot? Or did you buy parts from them or what? If they sold you a computer that doesnt boot, call Aopen and yell at them ... they'll redo the job and give you something else on the side :)
http://english.aopen.com.tw/Products/MB/ak89max.htm

In either case it would have helped to know your core specs on the onset -- would have been easier to help you if you. Ill have a look at the manual today and see what i can find out.

Edit: on your other thread http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?p=5875&posted=1#post5875 you said you built the computer ... so goto wherever you got the mobo and yell at them :)

okay lets see i bought all the parts from new egg. the computer boots to the bios screen. so thats good i just have the issue with the harddrive not being read i have went trhought the manual about 2 times now and it doesnt say anything and whneve i try to call aopen i get that stupid little lady telling me the number is wrong. so yeah i have triend and i dont know much about specs i jus wanted a gaming computer i ddint think it would take this much work and effort to get it to do this. jesus christ. and the manual came on a cd but u needed to have adobe 6.0 to read it so i downloaded it and i have read it now. but i dont know what to try anymore i still get the same message over and over again should have just went with a asus mobo

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
To save you trouble of grabbing the manual here are some relevant pages:

(41) Serial ATA Supported (For AK89 Max Only, With RAID Function)
The traditional parallel ATA specification has defined the standard storage interface for PCs with its original speed of just 3 Mbytes/second since the protocol was introduced in the 1980s. And the latest generation of the interface, Ultra ATA-133, has been developed further with a burst data transfer rate of 133 Mbytes/second. However, while ATA has enjoyed an illustrious track record, the specification is now showing its age and imposes some serious design issues on today’s developers, including a 5-volt signaling requirement, high pin count, and serious cabling headaches. The Serial ATA specification is designed to overcome these design limitations while enabling the storage interface to scale with the growing media rate demands of PC platforms. Serial ATA is to replace parallel ATA with the compatibility with existing operating systems and drivers, adding performance headroom for years to come. It reduces voltage and pins count requirements and can be implemented with thin and easy to route cables.

(42) Connecting Serial ATA Disk
To connect a Serial ATA disk, you have to have a 7-pin Serial ATA cable. Connect two ends of the Serial ATA cable to the Serial ATA header on the motherboard and the disk. Like every other traditional disk, you also have to connect a power cable. Please note that it is a jumper free implement; you don’t need to set jumpers to define a master or slave disk. When connecting two Serial ATA disks, the system will automatically take the one connected to “Serial ATA 1” header as a master disk.

(43) Adjusting Your Hard Disk
Except its original 2 sets of parallel IDE, this motherboard does come with the support for the latest Serial ATA hard disk. If you are unable to find your newly installed Serial ATA hard disks on your operating system after you have had installed them on, the problem mainly lies in the BIOS setting. You may simply adjust BIOS settings to have them work properly. After having properly installed your hard disks, you may directly get into the BIOS setting screen for adjustment. You may simply press “Integrated Peripherals ?? IDE Function Setup ?? Silicon SATA” to either enable or disable SATA interface.

darkd3vil

thanks praetor, i figured out whats wrong, i didnt have a floppy to put stuff on there yeah whatever, and also since i bought a oem drive i needed to get a controller all that stuff will be ordered tomarrow