Screenshotting a movie

Jon Boy

Anybody know I can take a screenshot from a video file. Im using WMP toplay my files if that means anything. Cos I got this vid of me and realy want some of the framse as stills, to use for pictures.

shupola

Jon Boy said:
Anybody know I can take a screenshot from a video file. Im using WMP toplay my files if that means anything. Cos I got this vid of me and realy want some of the framse as stills, to use for pictures.

play the vid, then when it gets to the part you want it at, press the print screen button???

burton_o6

when you watch a movie in wmp. And hit print screen and then go to like photoshop. It doesnt capture the picture tho, it just shows a black screen. I attempted once. But failed and didnt ever try again...

Geoff

VIP Member
burton_o6 said:
when you watch a movie in wmp. And hit print screen and then go to like photoshop. It doesnt capture the picture tho, it just shows a black screen. I attempted once. But failed and didnt ever try again...
ya, but i think FRAPS can take screen shots of movies.

Filip

geoff5093 said:
ya, but i think FRAPS can take screen shots of movies.

yea it can, i tried, and for the prnt scrn thing, that doesnt work, use FRAPS, so far the only program i know that can do that

Jon Boy

Well yer to everyone beffore I keep getting a black screen. And ohh never knew frapss worked outside games. I have that :D cheers peeps. Hope it works.

Jon Boy

And anouther thing there was this post theat went on for like a week or so where someone wanted to knowhow to find the fps of a movie clip. WTF why did know one say about fraps then>?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Xycron said:
print screen in WMP worked for me..i just tryed it uot of curosity/

its wierd, a few weeks ago i tried doing it and it came out as a black screen, but just yesterday i tried again and it actually took a screenshot. WTH?

pedex

use virtualdub, avidemux or any basic editor or use a commandline video player that will output single frames

Jon Boy

Fraps is a programme that takes screenshots of games, displays the fps of the game and also takes an uncompressed .avi file video too.

And yes on WMP sometimes it will be all black other times you will get a picture. Maybe its something with the refresh rate and you just so happen to take a picture between frames maybe ? and fraps gets round this somehow.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Primex said:
Cool, is there a free version of this available or is it only sold?

yeah, there's a free version, its limited to 30 second movie clips and might have other restrictions.