Screenshotting a movie

Primex

liuliuboy said:
yeah, there's a free version, its limited to 30 second movie clips and might have other restrictions.

Do you know where a regular version can be bought?

B-MAN

frameshots is a nice program to make screenshots from video files. It's commercial tho :/

Players sometimes can take screenshots from the video's too.

Google around... there are a bunch of tools to make screenshots.

B-MAN

BS player doesn't make screenshots for me anymore... it once did. I suspect fddshow (wich i use for X264).

Frameshots wont open mkv files :/ so if you know/find a tool that does open mkv files AND makes screenshots from them (preferably frame by frame) let me know plz.

pcmagic

ive download Fraps 2.7.2, but i dont have a clue how to use it. does the program need to be open when you use it or does it work in the backgroud. is this program free or do u need to registor for $37

Jon Boy

pcmagic said:
Is fraps the best
I would say yes it is.
pcmagic said:
ive download Fraps 2.7.2, but i dont have a clue how to use it. does the program need to be open when you use it or does it work in the backgroud. is this program free or do u need to registor for $37
Fraps indeed does work in the background, you should see a little symbol that looks like this in the bottom right of the screen.

Click it to access fraps and change your default options (screen capture and video capture keys and the directory you want them to be saved to).

The only difference between trial and full vertions is that. Trial can only save certain formats of screen shots, and your video clips are limited to 30 sec, have a water mark embeded on them and the fps is limited.

If you wanted to purchase the full version it is not verified by a serial key or what have you. You gain access to a members are where you download a new fully functional copy of FRAPS.

I hope this info was usefull and if you want anymore you only have to ask.