Several ongoing problems, very frustrating

As I stated previously I think Gigabyte may have just run a quick tests on it and didn't find anything. I have seen a Foxconn brand motherboard with issues like this before. The board would give system hangs and it seemed as if there was no pattern to when it would do it. I think you should attempt to return the motherboard for replacement.

If you don't want to wait purchase the same model motherboard, then return the defective board. When you get the replacement board sell it. But you are likely going to take a financial loss doing that.
 
I don't know what I am going to do yet.

Something else that happens, right after I installed the new drives, the drives would show a temperature of around 70 degrees celsius which is obviously way to hot. After moving the SATA cables around, it started showing a normal temp of about 25 degrees. That was just a false reading, thought nothing of it.

But now since I started using the new SATA cables, it is showing a high temp again. It seems that it doesn't want to boot up and show a high temp only when I mess with the SATA cables.

Also, I use HWMonitor to monitor the temps and from time to time, one hard drive will disappear from the list. But when I restart the pc, it will be back.
 
I have tried different SATA ports.

I am almost positive it is not the HDD's. Main reason being I RMA'd the first set of HDD's through Newegg and the replacement drives do the exact same thing. I find that highly unlikely that both sets of drives have the same exact problem.

I am still thinking mobo even though Gigabyte said they found nothing wrong with it besides the bios. I do realize they could of done some quick tests.

I am in the process of finding a used mobo of the same model. If a different mobo does not fix these problems, I don't know what to think.

So far, it seems the nvlddmkm error has gone away. I was able to play BF:BC2 with no errors.
 
Back
Top