Should I buy and XBox?

Geoff

VIP Member
I Have always debated between getting XBox or not, were getting DSL in a week or so and that was one of the reasons why i never wanted an XBox. So do you think i should buy and XBox now or wait until PS3 or XBox2 comes out?

zilla

It's a great system, Halo 2 is phenomenal. But would I buy one right now? Probably not, I'd wait for the new one next year.

ke_742

banned
Yea plz i want great gameplay online... But theres jsut always that one 56 k modem thats lagging the shi* out of everyone elese lol

Kboy

I'm with CYoung get cable not DSL, but I'd say buy the Xbox. It's not that expensive anyway, but if you really wanna wait, go for it.

Styleprojekt

If you really want a console badly, wait for PS3. I personally think PS is better than XBox. When you get a Xbox...why not stick to your PC or upgrade it with the money. I know i know, its no the same price, but in my eyes its still a $140 waisted. I had a Xbox and PS2 in Germany, when i moved to the USA, i had to sell them and got barely any money for it. I then was stupid enough to buy both again, since i didnt have a PC here and was still into console games, and now sold both again cause the games and performance are no comparison to a PC.
lol, plus i used to break my controllers when i got mad, and it cost my like $40 at that time to get new ones..156year old stupid boy..haha good times, today (18)

SlothX311

zilla said:
It's a great system, Halo 2 is phenomenal....

wow that makes me wana buy one....oh wait no it doesnt.....Halo 2 blows whats with the big hype over that game? the first one was good, just good, they didnt even improve on anything in the 2nd one.....if you wana make someone buy an xbox quote a good game for it....NFSU2 is the shit, still not grounds for an xbox...go with PS2 kid

ZER0X

VIP Member
cyoung said:
Wait for the new Xbox to come out... and dude don't get DSL... Get cable.

Why get cable :confused:

I wouldn't wait for xbox2/ps3 coz it's gonna be awhile when it's released so if it was up to me I'd buy an xbox.

wow that makes me wana buy one....oh wait no it doesnt.....Halo 2 blows whats with the big hype over that game? the first one was good, just good, they didnt even improve on anything in the 2nd one.....if you wana make someone buy an xbox quote a good game for it....NFSU2 is the shit, still not grounds for an xbox...go with PS2 kid

I know thats your personal response...BUT...if you read around and talk to people they will say that Halo1/2 was one of the best games made.

Pyotr

I won't say that. Haven't played Halo 2, but Halo was just good. Not the best, and certainly not crap. But I've always thought FPS belong on PC, not consoles.

Apollo13

I think you should buy an xbox, im a little late so i would imagine u already did. The reasons are 1. xbox 2/ ps3 wont be out for a while. 2. xbox has many bundles you can find that are cheap. 3. Halo2 is a reason alone. The single player sucked but the MP is the best, if u have dsl or cable xbox is the best choice mainly b/c of xbox live. Almost never any lag because it is not possible for dial up to play.

zilla

SlothX311 said:

Such a compelling argument... it blows? That post doesn't even warrant a response.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Wait for the new Xbox to come out... and dude don't get DSL... Get cable.

Not really sure why so many people like cable but where I live DSL is loads better and prob faster then cable as I've switched back and forth a couple of times and have experience with both but cable internet sux here in London Ontario.

4W4K3

VIP Member
havent played Halo2 or any game really newer than knights of the republic 2. XBOX just doesn't appeal to me, and my sister has one that she said i can play all the time lol. i'd say playing my guitar/taking digi-cam pics can be more entertaining than a console. the fact i cant customize the games/system takes all the fun out of it unless i'm at a LAN or something where its like 4*XBOX 16 players.

p4r4s1t3

I've avoided X-Box solely due to the reason that the controllers are absolutely PATHETIC, and the "smaller" version is just as bad, as are any replica controllers.

4W4K3

VIP Member
p4r4s1t3 said:
I've avoided X-Box solely due to the reason that the controllers are absolutely PATHETIC, and the "smaller" version is just as bad, as are any replica controllers.

yah my sister has a LARGE version, normal version, and a mini...they are all somewhat "off" to me. the LARGE on has a built in fan though...its pretty sweet it kools ur hands whiole you play.

ZER0X

VIP Member
p4r4s1t3 said:

WTF? :confused: why?