Should I install IE8?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters

chrisalv14

banned
Internet Explorer 8 is alright BUT when i installed it, it sorta went slow. I installed Mozilla Firefox and WOW! The speed is amazing.
If you want a smooth light weight internet browser, install Google Chrome.
Although as you're on dial-up, Watching videos may not be as good.

I suggest you upgrade your internet to Home Broadband :D I heard dial up is getting rubbish.

Fatback

VIP Member
Internet Explorer 8 is alright BUT when i installed it, it sorta went slow. I installed Mozilla Firefox and WOW! The speed is amazing.

I suggest you upgrade your internet to Home Broadband :D I heard dial up is getting rubbish.

It's always been like that

ScottALot

I memorized the Dial-Up dial tone thing when we had it... all the ding dongs and the pssshhh's.

But seriously, you DO NOT want to be on dial-up in this day and age. A quality computer's worth will be diluted with this.

compchip

I hear what you are saying about dial-up, at least its better than no internet and my switch to FF has made it much more enjoyable.

I have heard about Chrome for dial-up users, do you think it has even faster page load times than FF?

Thanks for the tip.

jake_ie8team

IE 8 has some nifty features - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/faster.aspx

Plus, lots of websites are announcing the imminent end of their support for IE 6, so if wanna keep watching videos on YouTube, you should upgrade to IE 8 - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Lastly, if you decide to upgrade to IE 8 and then experience trouble, check out this guide to solving IE 8 installation problems - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

- Jake

MSFT Internet Explorer Outreach Team

Fatback

VIP Member
IE 8 has some nifty features - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/faster.aspx

Plus, lots of websites are announcing the imminent end of their support for IE 6, so if wanna keep watching videos on YouTube, you should upgrade to IE 8 - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Lastly, if you decide to upgrade to IE 8 and then experience trouble, check out this guide to solving IE 8 installation problems - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220

- Jake

MSFT Internet Explorer Outreach Team

There is no point in downloading IE8 when firefox is a million times better and has more features and is quicker IE is way begind in the browser war.

Aastii

VIP Member
There is no point in downloading IE8 when firefox is a million times better and has more features and is quicker IE is way begind in the browser war.

yep, it is all between firefox and chrome now i am thinking, but i can't really get used to chrome, so stick with ff :p

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I've had nothing but issues with IE8. It crashes all the time.

I use IE7 on my machine and I don't install it on the computers at work because then we'll have unhappy customers bringing their computers back for service. Usually I just have to remove IE8 and there are no more problems.

compchip

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have upgraded to IE8 because I got tired of getting prompted by my computer to do so. However, I mainly use firefox as it is much faster and have not had any problems with my computer so far after upgrading.

kimsland

Good news :)

Also always do windows security updates; IE8 was one of them
There have been quite a few security updates since it was first released
I understand that half of the population use another browser (ie Firefox) in the US. But generally the whole world is mostly still using Internet Explorer

Fatback

VIP Member
Good news :)

Also always do windows security updates; IE8 was one of them
There have been quite a few security updates since it was first released
I understand that half of the population use another browser (ie Firefox) in the US. But generally the whole world is mostly still using Internet Explorer

I guess we know how many stupid people there are in the world:p

eckx

My internet speed on dial-up is about 44kb/s, do you think IE8 would slow me? My comp. is prompting me to install IE8. I have heard of people having problems with it, do you think I should go ahead with the installation?

Thanks for any input.

If you are using Dialup, i would say stick with firefox or Opera. or even better, google chrome.

I personally decided to migerate from firefox to IE8 because, firefox had a a couple of bugs ...lolx....i know it sounds stupid but yea....I think the ie8 is a pretty good browser though.

BEARCATJER

I recently upgraded to IE8 and have had no problems with it. I cant say it seems any faster than IE7 but it has worked well for me. I have been looking for help on how to get more speed out of my desktop and received many helpful suggestions in another thread on this forum.As a result i have seen significant increase in speed, however, i was reading this thread and at least some members touted Firefox as much faster than IE. I have never tried FF for no particular reason, but I am wondering if i should now. Im not a computer technical person and i see that i could download FF and still keep IE8 to use if my FF experience isnt what i hoped it would be in re the impact on speed.
My pc connection is cable...Roadrunner..so I assume it wouldnt be a problem to use FF, right?
This forum sight has already helped me tremendously in how to get the most out of my PC so any thoughts or feedback on this message will be appreciated.

Fatback

VIP Member
I recently upgraded to IE8 and have had no problems with it. I cant say it seems any faster than IE7 but it has worked well for me. I have been looking for help on how to get more speed out of my desktop and received many helpful suggestions in another thread on this forum.As a result i have seen significant increase in speed, however, i was reading this thread and at least some members touted Firefox as much faster than IE. I have never tried FF for no particular reason, but I am wondering if i should now. Im not a computer technical person and i see that i could download FF and still keep IE8 to use if my FF experience isnt what i hoped it would be in re the impact on speed.
My pc connection is cable...Roadrunner..so I assume it wouldnt be a problem to use FF, right?
This forum sight has already helped me tremendously in how to get the most out of my PC so any thoughts or feedback on this message will be appreciated.

Yes you can have as many browsers as you want. I have IE, FF, and Google Chrome. I find myself using Google chrome the most because it faster then Firefox but Firefox is faster then IE. Google chrome is just a simple browser there is no toolbars or anything just the address bar and the tabs bar and thats it. Firefox has a ton of add-ons which can really come in handy. You should download Firefox and Google Chrome and see which one you like the most. If you like them all then just keep them all.