Should i leave my router on??

chrisalv14

banned
Hi, i have brand new router which i got today and i was wondering if i should leave it on over night because i turn off my pc when going to bed but if i just leave router and modem /or just the router - wont it over heat? because i dont want my home to burn to the ground due to a over heated modem 'nd router!

PLEASE REPLY SO I KNOW WHAT TO DO.
MANY THANKS.

CHRISALV14

chrisalv14

banned
does your fridge over heat?????? lol

kind of the same concept with routers, lol no it wont youll be fine =)

ok i think i will leave it on but what if i dont? what could happen?
oh and do i have to leave my modem on ? because thats getting hot ! lol

tdeath101

its fine, some modems get hot, but it wont overheat (unless it has a problem)

if you turn it off you can run in to the hassle of turning it on etc.. etc.. trust me lol they where made to stay on 24/7

chrisalv14

banned
its fine, some modems get hot, but it wont overheat (unless it has a problem)

if you turn it off you can run in to the hassle of turning it on etc.. etc.. trust me lol they where made to stay on 24/7

ok but what if i dont leave it on and turn of my pc, modem and my router. what could happen?

vinnie107

Its OK to leave it on.

But its good for your wallet to turn it off at night.

It also stops unwanted attacks on your network, as most people do these at night.

vinnie107

A strong network key.

WEP is pointless, my nan could hack that

WPA is OK, but people can crack it under 10 minuits.

WPA2 is still considered safe

WPA2 i hope..

Hdk20

Everyone leaves there Modem's/Router's on 24/7 I don't see the sense of turning them off. I never turn off my PC too tbh.

pies

I look at it this way, it's 3am you wake up and all of a sudden want waffles. You stumble around and think crap I forget how to make them so of course you turn to google, but wait the internets down because the router is off. By the time you get the modem/router on you died from hunger.
The summary is yeah it's perfectly fine to leave them running like others mine are running 24/7 as well.

laznz1

I look at it this way, it's 3am you wake up and all of a sudden want waffles. You stumble around and think crap I forget how to make them so of course you turn to google, but wait the internets down because the router is off. By the time you get the modem/router on you died from hunger.
The summary is yeah it's perfectly fine to leave them running like others mine are running 24/7 as well.
pmsl lol WAFFLES um you can leave them on 24/7 but i suppose turning it off will help it cool down after hard day lmao