Should i leave my router on??

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I look at it this way, it's 3am you wake up and all of a sudden want waffles. You stumble around and think crap I forget how to make them so of course you turn to google, but wait the internets down because the router is off. By the time you get the modem/router on you died from hunger.
The summary is yeah it's perfectly fine to leave them running like others mine are running 24/7 as well.

yeah hes right man,i remember with my 3+ year old 4mb modem,if i turned it off overnight and switched it on in the morning it would take a good half hour to connect again :D

things seems to have got better with the new ones though,if you do have to turn them off for some reason they usualy re-connect within a few seconds so its realy not that bad anymore.
but i still leave mine on,they hardly use any power anyway.

lovely?

mine is always on as well, but our comments are getting redundant methinks. They are 24/7 devices, just like your refrigerator, telephone, microwave, and cell phone.

FairDoos

ALWAYS! Turning your router on and off decreases the range of your router don't ask how and why because I'm a bit stuck on that as well but it does..

amerbgd

i have had cable internet for a year now with a $20 tompson cable modem and have always left it on and im still alive and using the same modem...