Show off your speed

Intel_man

VIP Member
4x4 NitroQAM Asus PCE-AC88 and is connected to the RT-AC88U. The router says my TX and RX rate to my NIC is usually 1700 to 1900.

I saturate that gigabit connection to my NAS.

beers

Staff member
Ah nice I was looking at getting the ac-88 I assume your experience is positive from what you described :p

Intel_man

VIP Member
It's pretty ballin for sure. Just that nothing else really uses those speeds. But if you get the AC-68, sometimes those dip below the gigabit speeds which is a bummer.

The RT-AC88U is pretty sweet though. It's got 8 gigabit ports at the back.

The VCR King

My (public high school's) internet:
7241016011.png

Meanwhile 15mbps is the highest available at my house... :confused:

Darren

Staff member
My (public high school's) internet:
7241016011.png

Meanwhile 15mbps is the highest available at my house... :confused:

I haven't been in public schooling for 4 years now but those speeds seem pretty good for just a high school, IIRC I would pull somewhere in the 100's and upload wasn't even close to that.

Hell that's faster than what I have at work

Darren

Staff member
Yeah, I have so many people in my school they have three periods, I have the first one... -_-

I usually just pack a lunch and eat it during my Study hall at 1:30
Yeah most schools do but even then our first one was at 11:15ish.

Crap internet, unliveable eating conditions. Yikes.

_Kyle_

Yeah most schools do but even then our first one was at 11:15ish.

Crap internet, unliveable eating conditions. Yikes.
It's a good school. At least it isn't IPS (Indiana Public Schools). The school isn't broke, but it doesn't exactly have extra spending money. Pretty sure we have a 4 star rating or something...

Darren

Staff member
It's a good school. At least it isn't IPS (Indiana Public Schools). The school isn't broke, but it doesn't exactly have extra spending money. Pretty sure we have a 4 star rating or something...
I jest. :p If it was lunch on school WiFi pretty good chance it was slammed, and public schools never could figure out that starting school for a bunch of teenagers at the crack of dawn wasn't the best idea.

Agent Smith

I guess Comcast upgraded me to a Gig, but I foolishly wired up the house with only 100 MbPS. LOL! So now I have to redo all of my ethernet cables just to be able to take advantage of Gig speeds. However, I really don't need it. 100 MbPS is fine. But I love my new upload speed. It's 1.5 MBPS rather than what I had for years which was about 600 KBPS. I notice now I can upload things to my Box account and FTP a lot faster.

How do you live?

On the edge?

Last edited by a moderator: