Show off your speed

G80FTW

I'm getting about 2MB upload on the "internet". The "phone" is slower. Hold up for a second and I will edit with the CL speed.

yep. Less than a MB.

I got road runner too. I even got the turbo crap free for a year.

And thats odd because my phone has a slightly higher upload speed than my computer. Its usually like 1.1mbps and my computer is almost always .9mbps. Even on the same network. Maybe its my computer?

Would replacing my modem make a difference in upload speed? Once I get my router paid off Im going to buy a new modem.

wolfeking

banned
let me reword that. The first one is a dedicated network via Time Warner. The second one is the network that came with the home phone and Direct TV bundle. I would stop that service, but the bill only goes down by $2 if I do.

Ankur

:eek: I am thinking about getting a 10mbps connection, but I don't know why should I get it, BF3 also runs perfectly on this speed just at 14.81 $ per month.

Ankur

Actually Reliance told me they have 12Mb/s connection till 25 GB download for 20$ and after that the speed becomes 1Mb/s unlimited download.

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Actually Reliance told me they have 12Mb/s connection till 25 GB download for 20$ and after that the speed becomes 1Mb/s unlimited download.

Pff, they say much, but is it true?
Search for fibernet shake, they promised me 65mb/s download, 4mb/s upload and unlimited download...
56mb/s, 3,6mb/s and a limit of 150gb is what I get! But I'm happy until now.

Jet

VIP Member
2203106715.png

Decent speedtest server today, but still server limited.

Jet

VIP Member
Now do you actually get that kind of speed when downloading from servers outside of your schools network?

Yes. I downloaded TF2 from steam at 40MB/s. Microsoft and Apple generally can net pretty high results as well. The rest--all server dependent.

Not exactly sure why you don't believe speeds like this are possible--there are a number of universities that reach these speeds, though apparently Georgia Tech is #2 in the nation.

EDIT: more proof:
fVt7v.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Yes. I downloaded TF2 from steam at 40MB/s. Microsoft and Apple generally can net pretty high results as well. The rest--all server dependent.

Not exactly sure why you don't believe speeds like this are possible--there are a number of universities that reach these speeds, though apparently Georgia Tech is #2 in the nation.

EDIT: more proof:
fVt7v.jpg
Now that's the proof I'm looking for.

I know they have gigabit internet in many places, but seeing as how you are actually on the same site as the server, I wasn't sure.