Show off your speed

Gooberman

I do like getting over 2 MB/s but as I said I hate the upload. If we switch to Comcast I wouldn't complain.(50 down 10 up for pretty much the same price)

Gooberman

Well i don't really use the internet as much during the day, but I do believe it was a tad slower when someone was watching TV but you're getting 6 mbps so i doubt it'd get slower

PCunicorn

I don't think Jason plays multi player much, if at all. But yes, that is awful. I can't play a MP game over a 150 or so MS ping. Is that average for your ISP? If not you need to call them.

spirit

Staff member
how do you game with a ping of over half a second? :eek:

I don't think Jason plays multi player much, if at all.
Nah I don't play any at all, but the speed is still annoying.

But yes, that is awful. I can't play a MP game over a 150 or so MS ping. Is that average for your ISP? If not you need to call them.
My internet has been so unstable recently. It's constantly going down and it has been really slow. Something is up with it I think.

I ran another SpeedTest and got this. Even worse than before. :(

2803485517.png

Download speed should be about 6 or 7 mbps and upload should be about 600kb/s. :(

I hope what I read in the paper this morning about the government spending billions on our infrastructure and improving internet connections is true. Sadly though, Norwich didn't seem to be on the map of list of places to improve (ridiculous, we have some of the slowest speeds in the country) and secondly nobody has any clue where we're going to get the money from.

So I am forever stuck on 2mbps download! Wohoo!

And since when has Ashford been about 50 miles from me? More like 150 miles!

WeatherMan

Ah never mind. Could always give Talk Talk a ring and speak to some friendly foreign guy who might be able to help you out once he's searched for the problem on Google for you. ;)

Don't need to correspond with TalkTalk, I manage my line through BT Openreach seeing as that's who supplies my modem! :D

Also helps that my mates dad works at my local exchange, lol