Show off your speed

PCunicorn

Upgraded to 60 Mbps for free. I love Charter :D I would take 60 Mbps and decent customer service with no caps over 150 Mbps, terrible customer service, and a cap any day.

This is from a server in California. 67 Ms ping, not bad. Quite happy with this new router (it's a Belkin N600 DB).

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member

Upgraded to 60 Mbps for free. I love Charter :D I would take 60 Mbps and decent customer service with no caps over 150 Mbps, terrible customer service, and a cap any day.

This is from a server in California. 67 Ms ping, not bad. Quite happy with this new router (it's a Belkin N600 DB).
Why would you test to a CA server?

Download speed is nice, but that upload is awful. Also, if you are paying for 60Mbps I'd be complaining, you're only getting 53.

PCunicorn

Yeah. I see quite a lot if games running servers in CA, so I thought I'd test with a server there.

And usually I do get around 60. Different times of day I get different speeds.

And yes the upload is pretty bad. But what can I do? DSL (slow DSL, like 10/2) and Sattalite are the only other options. Besides it's not like anybody in the family does much uploading, but we do quite a bit of streaming and gaming so a high download is better then a high upload for us.

spirit

Staff member
School on Wi-Fi. :cool:

SchoolNetConnectionWi-Fi_zps336ec0a5.png

WeatherMan

Broke the 44Mb/s barrier today :D

I'm hoping when my system is in my room, and I ditch powerline I may see another increase, last time I tested these adapters they were maxing out at 40ish Mb/s

I could have a bit more headroom on my line that I don't know about :D

The VCR King

Worst. Speed. Ever.
3692198340.png

This is about the same over my ethernet and wi-fi router. As a matter of fact, I tried SpeedTest.net at a PACKED McDonald's restaurant and it was faster than this.

Really, AT&T?!