Show off your speed

speedyink

VIP Member
speed.jpg

I have the 25/2.5 plan. They say they can reliably deliver 50mbps in my area atm, but that in about 6 months time the 250mbps service will be available here. Dunno if I'd need that, I'm doing just fine with 25mbps :p

ayan

Depends on where you live and what you by. We have more options though, and you've got to consider that running a fibre network all around the UK or NZ is infinitely easier than running one to cover the contingent US. There are options here for 100mb/40mb that're pretty cheap, but there are also still options for 56k dialup and 256k dsl.

Not trying to make fun or anything...but did i just read "56k dialup" :eek: ?! On an actual landline?! Through a modem?! WOW :(
Come on, you are the US! I thought you had fiber at every street corner in the most remote town in the desert. Or at least a satellite link or something else.

Since my Exchange has poor traffic control, my speeds vary extensively...but this week, its just having a laugh. My exchange is about 30 meters away from me too.
Using a London Server:
2395036866.png

Using a more local Norwich Server:
2395039279.png

Nothing like being kicked off Valve servers because your latency is too high is there. If I log on to a Lotus server, my ping goes over 600ms.

wbt50

Since my Exchange has poor traffic control, my speeds vary extensively...but this week, its just having a laugh. My exchange is about 30 meters away from me too.
Using a London Server:
2395036866.png

Using a more local Norwich Server:
2395039279.png

Nothing like being kicked off Valve servers because your latency is too high is there. If I log on to a Lotus server, my ping goes over 600ms.

Oh god that's worse than my speed. I feel for you mate.

Unlimited, I am a plus customer.

From TalkTalk I receive:

Unlimited 76/36Mb FTTC
Youview from TalkTalk TV (£300 box for free to plus customers) £50 install
Unlimited Anytime UK calls to landlines
Free international calls boost to europe

Also:

Free 1 year subscription to lovefilm instant

I pay line rental annually which is £114, saves me £60 over the year and takes away monthly line rental

A while back I threatened to leave for a better deal so they also give me discounts on my bill:)

Here is the breakdown.

Calls Package £14.50
Large Fiber package £15
Any monthly call costs to premium rates on top

Discounts:
£7.25 off of call plan
£2 off call charges

Monthly bill is usually around £25-£30

Ohhhhh dont join talk talk, we are with them and so are loads of people I know, you will lose connection frequently, they will not sort it out, even when its basic, and charge you the earth before refusing your MAC. They are awful.

Ouch, that's slow. :/

Erm Jason... you know what I told you about talktalk and how we cant get our speeds any better...

Tonight its this. Its because of the poor traffic control but it is really having a laugh.

And this is also a message to ANYONE ON TALKTALK
2400153445.png

Don't go with talktalk they are rip offs.

WeatherMan

Ohhhhh dont join talk talk, we are with them and so are loads of people I know, you will lose connection frequently, they will not sort it out, even when its basic, and charge you the earth before refusing your MAC. They are awful.

Upgrade to fiber :p

I have had their 38Mb service since February 2011 and haven't had a disconnect for over a year :D

My DL rate was top notch too! always at 37.xMb. I have since upgraded to their 76Mb service!

It's the same with all companies, I have a good service, you have a shitty one, there is no consistency.

I don't know of one ISP in the UK who doesn't have problems :p