danthrax
Member
Hello everyone,
So at this point in time I own an HP m9350f, it has been an OK machine but I have had too many issues with it. The first graphics card that was in it failed and was replaced under warranty, the PSU just recently failed and I had to replace it myself, and now for the second time the graphics card has overheated and failed (the graphics card is an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT, which currently has a class action lawsuit about nVidia distributing defective graphics cards...) Anyways, I now need to replace the GPU again and am going to buy something of my choosing.
My question to all of you knowledgeable people is would I be able to use the parts from my HP m9350f PC to build my own computer? The main reason I would like to do this is because the current case has very poor airflow and cord management, so I would like to buy a different case that resolves these issues and use many of the parts I currently have.
In the m9350f there is:
500w OCZ PSU
Asus M2N78-LA motherboard
AMD Phenom 9850 x4
6GB DDR2
750 GB SATA
Lightscribe SATA Drive
and there's a TV Tuner, the audio stuff, and a wireless card
at this point there is no GPU but I will be getting one soon.
I am wondering if I can basically just disassemble this PC and put it all back together in a better case with better cooling capabilities. I have never built a computer before but I have replaced certain parts in my own. So let me know what you guys think about this idea and if you think I will encounter any major issues.
Thanks for the help!
So at this point in time I own an HP m9350f, it has been an OK machine but I have had too many issues with it. The first graphics card that was in it failed and was replaced under warranty, the PSU just recently failed and I had to replace it myself, and now for the second time the graphics card has overheated and failed (the graphics card is an nVidia GeForce 9800 GT, which currently has a class action lawsuit about nVidia distributing defective graphics cards...) Anyways, I now need to replace the GPU again and am going to buy something of my choosing.
My question to all of you knowledgeable people is would I be able to use the parts from my HP m9350f PC to build my own computer? The main reason I would like to do this is because the current case has very poor airflow and cord management, so I would like to buy a different case that resolves these issues and use many of the parts I currently have.
In the m9350f there is:
500w OCZ PSU
Asus M2N78-LA motherboard
AMD Phenom 9850 x4
6GB DDR2
750 GB SATA
Lightscribe SATA Drive
and there's a TV Tuner, the audio stuff, and a wireless card
at this point there is no GPU but I will be getting one soon.
I am wondering if I can basically just disassemble this PC and put it all back together in a better case with better cooling capabilities. I have never built a computer before but I have replaced certain parts in my own. So let me know what you guys think about this idea and if you think I will encounter any major issues.
Thanks for the help!