Simply Brilliant Motherboard

Saurian

ECS isn't going anywhere. They are good at what they do, which is build cheap boards which manage to integrate a few features of the more espensive ones.

Look, what is on that board that ISN'T provided by the license agreement to use the nforce 570? It's nothing special, especially compared to any other 570 board. They just make it cheaper, with skipped features. Buy what you want, we're just trying tohelp you to see.

SirKenin

banned
I have sold ECS, and actually still do. To be truthful though? Their performance compared to everyone else is complete shit. They use cheap components and quite frankly the only thing they are good for is cheap office computers. That's all I use them for. Other than that, I'll take an Intel board over ECS any day of the week.

joeswm8

courtesy of Romeo and Juliet(with a little fixing by myself):

'Tis but thy name that is thine enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not an ECS.
What's an ECS? it is nor RAM, nor HDD,
Nor GPU, nor PSU, nor any other part
Belonging to a PC. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.

Thank you, thank you, I know, I know, ECS is good and its just the name.

I could probably mold my crap into those ECS "frisbees" but i cant mold it into 4 DDR2 slots, 775 socket, 2 PCI express 16x slots, and SLI, but if i did it would be worth more than 79.99.

It is good.

However, instead of "it sucks", any other boards with the same specs for under $150?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Look, you looking at this from completely the wrong angle, you are looking at a price, then squeexing shoddy products into it. if you want a sturdy system that will be good for a few years this is NOT the way to do it, you pick something that suits your needs and requirements and above all is QUALITY (If you want it to last). Then you look at the price and adjust your budget. If you cant afford it you lower your expectations on performance, NOT QUALITY. If you do lower on quality you'll only be back here in few weeks asking what's up with it because it wont boot.

I'm not saying it's a bad board, its ok, it's average to low end though. And the make is not renowned for build quality or complete performance... Oh and the nForce 570 chipset is already outdated, the latest is the 680i which is a lot better.

dragon

SirKenin

banned
Heh. What dragon said. When a little kid or some other buttmunch comes in to me and demands the most computer for under $300 I send him/her to a competitor. I won't even deal with them. I won't waste my time. Why? Because I don't want it back on my bench in 3 weeks. It costs me time and money, and it's not like I make much on a $300 computer to begin with. In the end I end up losing money. I would rather not have the sale at all. They either do it my way, or they go somewhere else. End of story.

So, either do it right or don't do it at all.

compfusion

I was on a computer at the shop with an ECS based build, and it seemed fine, but they may have a point. Maybe a less featured mobo would have a higher lasting value and overall quality, which is very probable. Up your budget for your mobo ro get something with less memory capacity because that seems excessive. Either that or this deal is actually crazy, in which case I'd see if you could fins one in a shop cuz the deal expires in a coupla dayss

-magU