slim case

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Depends on the mobo, but if you do have a slim tower, you can get low profile video cards.

marr02

Depends on the mobo, but if you do have a slim tower, you can get low profile video cards.

i got a dell vostro 220s slim tower, and im planning to buy a gts 450 sp 1G? what do u think of it? is it just a waste? or should i buy new rig for it?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Very big waste. The Vostro line can only do so much. It'll bottleneck that card like crazy. Not to mention there aren't any low profile cards for that card. You'd be running it without a side panel. And the PSU wouldn't be strong enough anyway.

marr02

Very big waste. The Vostro line can only do so much. It'll bottleneck that card like crazy. Not to mention there aren't any low profile cards for that card. You'd be running it without a side panel. And the PSU wouldn't be strong enough anyway.

so it means that i should build a new rig for that? can u give me any suggestion what motherboard is good for long term use

daisymtc

You can change PSU & add video card.

Or you can transfer your existing component to a standard case with new psu and video card