Slow PC

This pc is COMPLETE garbage. I would not even waste your money upgrading this crap.

But, if you mom says no, than maybe we can salvage it to last a little longer. just dont be expecting to play video games. I would start this process by reinstalling windows. There are a lot of things online about how to do that. (keep in mind, that reinstalling windows will DELETE ALL DATA!!!!!!) So after you reinstall Windows 7 (or whatever version you want) than you still wont be able to game, but you should be able to start learning to code. I would start with some light HTML, or Python programs (or whatever language you want to learn) and you can look up some stuff online and just write out some simple code. other than that, the PC wont be able to do much. Like i said, upgrading this pc now is a giant WASTE of money. its just so old, that there is no hope. But reinstalling windows should put the computer to "Factory Speed" by removing all the junk, cached files, ETC. ya ya ya, there are ways to remove all that junk without reinstalling windows, but trust me, simply reinstalling windows is MUCH MUCH easier to do, than hunt for cached files and deleting them, and all that crap.

PS:

you need to figure out how to explain to your mom that your pc is CRAP, and you cant do educational things like coding on it, because it is too slow!!!!!
thank you!!! but i've got no disc for Windows 7 :/

Grantapus

You can still upgrade to windows 10 for free and then do a fresh install. Are you running an OEM license of windows or is it a retail license?

You can download the iso here for windows 7, just enter the activation key.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
Great info Johnb35

Since your PC probably has a "Digital License", all you have to do is upgrade to windows 10. if you cant, just google "how to fresh install windows 10"

If your pc does not have a OEM license or "digital license", than just look at the bottom of your pc, or the side, or anywhere really until you find a little sticker that says something like "windows product key" or, "product code" or something like that. there should be a code there that looks like a bunch of letters / numbers w/ dashes or something like that. A lot of laptops and tiny desktops will have a OEM license though, and prebuilt PC's like a Mid-Tower Dell computer, will have a sticker on the top or bottom with a windows product key.

EDIT:

I would not recommend windows 7, because it is known to HOG resources, but some people say they did not have any trouble. so do whatever you want really.

well , my PC went from Visita (in the shop before i bought it) to XP to 7 , so I have a visita sticker (my graphic card doesn't support Windows 10)

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=intel+q45+windows+10 Also, you didn't enter the key for vista did you on that page to download 7? To be honest, with only 2gb of ram the only OS that would run decent with that is XP. But its not supported anymore. You either need more ram or a new computer with at least 8gb of ram.
Well i can't really get a PC with 8GB RAM
cuz my mom think's they are way too expensive (we can buy them tho) for what I will use them
and no I entert the Windows 7 one

8 GB is pretty much the bare minimum you'd want and anything worth buying that is new should contain at least that amount.

What?
tell that to my mom (+ for 8GB ram we would either buy a PC with 4GB ram , then later get 4 more RAM , or save up for a few months and buy , if me and my sis agree on getting a new PC)

Darren

Staff member
Sounds like you know what you need. We can't really convince your mother to shell out the cash if she doesn't want to.

I'd look for a refurb machine at your price point honestly.

_Pete_

I'm afraid you are going to have to face this. The reality is that with all the words these people on this forum throw at you what you have got is just not good enough to do what you want to do. I know that sounds mean but it isn't meant to be. If you want even a half decent computer you or your mother are going to have spend money, probably quite a lot of money relatively. What you have isn't really upgradeable. the motherboard needs replacing, the RAM needs replacing, the power supply needs replacing, the graphics card needs replacing. Even with that lot it's virtually a new computer and you haven't bought Windows 10 yet although to be honest I would probably stick with 7 for now but then I don't play games.

HOW CAN I CONVINCE MY MOM HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW????????
I'm afraid you are going to have to face this. The reality is that with all the words these people on this forum throw at you what you have got is just not good enough to do what you want to do. I know that sounds mean but it isn't meant to be. If you want even a half decent computer you or your mother are going to have spend money, probably quite a lot of money relatively. What you have isn't really upgradeable. the motherboard needs replacing, the RAM needs replacing, the power supply needs replacing, the graphics card needs replacing. Even with that lot it's virtually a new computer and you haven't bought Windows 10 yet although to be honest I would probably stick with 7 for now but then I don't play games.