Sound Prob

SirKenin

banned
It's in Advanced > Onboard Device Configuration and the option is HD Audio. Set it to disable. Right now it's probably on Auto.

PC eye

banned
Section 4 page 4 in the manual shows the onboard device configuration at the bottom of the Advanced menu. When you highlight that and press the enter key you then have to select the onboard sound and press enter there. That will bring up the enable/disable popup menu.

SirKenin

banned
I wonder if it makes him feel important to interject the last word and iterate useless information when it was clear throughout the entire thread that he had no idea what he was talking about? Just curious.. :p

Tystrasza

turned it off, i still get the loud kshshkshh sound when i plug my monitor sound into the back of the card. I havent taken the DVD plug out yet.. can that realy be a reason?

SirKenin

banned
Are you sure you plugged it into the right one? Also, do you know which source you have chosen in your audio panel? Mute everything, and then unmute one thing at a time. Start with the Wave.

Tystrasza

I plugged it into every one.. Only 2 out of the 5 make the shhckkssh sound.. but they only do that untill i plug it in ALL the way. I tried that mute thing, nothin.

I "surpirse" havent updated my BIOS since i built the comp. I tried but there was a bunch of shit n i got confused but it says all my drivers are there so idk whats up.

Last edited:

SirKenin

banned
If the mute thing doesn't work, and it does it when the plug is all the way in, it sounds like it's hardware. Try replacing the soundcard and see if you have the same problem.

SirKenin

banned
you waved a magic wand.. and...voila.. I was going to tell you to do that earlier, but I wasn't sure if you had one or not. :p