Standby corrupted

mohtaj

Hello
I have a problem when I put my computer to stand-by mode. It turns back on right after it goes to sleep. I don't know what to do. (I don't press a key on my keyboard)
Please help me.
Thanks

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Check what standby setting is enabled in the BIOS. Put it in S3 if possible.

mohtaj

When I put it in S3 the computer turns off completely (Like Hibernate) and when I turn it back on by power button it resumes to the last window. I want it to go to sleep and not shut down completely. (Btw, I only had S1 and S3)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
When I put it in S3 the computer turns off completely (Like Hibernate) and when I turn it back on by power button it resumes to the last window. I want it to go to sleep and not shut down completely. (Btw, I only had S1 and S3)
It's not completely shut down. It's sleeping.

mohtaj

Everything went fine for only one day. Now even after putting my computer to sleep (which shuts down the computer) it turns back on immediately!! I want my "Stand-by mode" when the red LED used to turn off and only the green LED blinked waiting for me to press enter to wake up from sleep :( what should I do?

mohtaj

lj4pPAR.jpg

Everything went fine for only one day. Now even after putting my computer to sleep (which shuts down the computer) it turns back on immediately!! I want my "Stand-by mode" when the red LED used to turn off and only the green LED blinked waiting for me to press enter to wake up from sleep :( what should I do?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Disable wake up and power on by ring. You also need to change ac back function setting to stay off.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It needs to stay in S3 mode. Have you tried resetting cmos back to defaults? Also, check your power options in control panel for sleep mode.

mohtaj

It needs to stay in S3 mode. Have you tried resetting cmos back to defaults? Also, check your power options in control panel for sleep mode.
If I reset my cmos settings back to defaults will the following window change? I mean my SATA ports settings. I don't want them to change. You know I just had my Bluray Drive recognised by my computer. I don't want to lose it again