Starcraft 2 Thread

Microtomer

i may give it a go, is there a demo anywhere?

I don't know of a demo, but the game comes with two guest 7 day guest passes. Mine are gone but I would expect someone on here still has one.

Anyway, if anyone wants to practice some 1v1 or play some 2v2s PM me. I play toss.

SuperDuperMe

do you have to pay to play?

what are the seven day passes for lol, like i said iv only heard the hype so i dont get much about the game but it sound s like a fun game

Aastii

VIP Member
do you have to pay to play?

what are the seven day passes for lol, like i said iv only heard the hype so i dont get much about the game but it sound s like a fun game

You buy the game, but you don't have to pay to play. The trials are there as demo's

SuperDuperMe

ahh i get you, hmm i may buy it.

seems like it could be cool to pass the hours

on the gameplay side, is it more like resource managing and army building or a company of heroes style game?

Manakore

ahh i get you, hmm i may buy it.

seems like it could be cool to pass the hours

on the gameplay side, is it more like resource managing and army building or a company of heroes style game?

Resource managing and building

However, the custom games made by the community can play completely different. This allows for something new all of the time and completely different gameplay.

There is a custom game that is the entire continent of Europe and it is played like risk. It is quite fun. However, tug of war game variants are my favorite.

SuperDuperMe

Resource managing and building

However, the custom games made by the community can play completely different. This allows for something new all of the time and completely different gameplay.

There is a custom game that is the entire continent of Europe and it is played like risk. It is quite fun. However, tug of war game variants are my favorite.

i prfer the resource managing way of playing, i think its a lot more true to the genre, DoW2 is good but it hasnt entertained me nearly as long as DoW did :p

salvage-this

I watched last nights daily on working with standard play. I got a lot of good ideas about scouting and keeping pressure on the opponent. I'm still trying to learn when is the good time to pull back and when is a better time to attack.

Microtomer

I watched last nights daily on working with standard play. I got a lot of good ideas about scouting and keeping pressure on the opponent. I'm still trying to learn when is the good time to pull back and when is a better time to attack.

That's one of the hardest things to get. Something that mostly just has to come from experience. Although if you have some timings down to attack it can be a bit easier, because your army will always be about the same size so you only have to gauge the size and composition of their army when attacking.

A strong push that I used through most of platinum was a 3 gate robo, and pushing/expanding once I had two colossi with range.

Manakore

Has anyone played Blizzard's customgame star jeweled or the tug of war custom called battlecraft? Both of these modes are extremely addicting. You guys should try them out if you get tired of the normal play, or just want a quick round of SCII.

emac227

Has anyone played Blizzard's customgame star jeweled or the tug of war custom called battlecraft? Both of these modes are extremely addicting. You guys should try them out if you get tired of the normal play, or just want a quick round of SCII.
yeah they have some good custom games

Turbo10

i dont understand why Starcraft 2 is SO AMAZING and has AMAZING reviews, im not starting a flame war or anything but its like people are blind to the fact that there are thousands of other RTS's that are so much better than starcraft. Starcraft 2 is exactly the same as warcraft 3 but in a starcraft universe, warcraft 3 was alright but come on think of every other rts. Command and conquer games, supreme commander, dawn of war,total war, sins of a solar empire etc. They are so much better than starcraft 2, starcraft 2 has a pitiful amount of units and is just boring. Blah blah blah /rant :p

Aastii

VIP Member
I've not played Starcraft 2, but does it have hero units?

If so, that is what made WC3 better than C&C for me, that and I am in love with the lore of the Warcraft universe (hence the depressive state after Cata when it all got obliterated :(), and then I will be able to easily understand why SC2 is looked upon so highly

Turbo10

I've not played Starcraft 2, but does it have hero units?

If so, that is what made WC3 better than C&C for me, that and I am in love with the lore of the Warcraft universe (hence the depressive state after Cata when it all got obliterated :(), and then I will be able to easily understand why SC2 is looked upon so highly

like ones you can level up in warcraft 3? no it doesnt or not that I am aware of, i didnt really play much of starcraft 2 i wish i could sell it

Ramodkk

VIP Member
i dont understand why Starcraft 2 is SO AMAZING and has AMAZING reviews, im not starting a flame war or anything but its like people are blind to the fact that there are thousands of other RTS's that are so much better than starcraft. Starcraft 2 is exactly the same as warcraft 3 but in a starcraft universe, warcraft 3 was alright but come on think of every other rts. Command and conquer games, supreme commander, dawn of war,total war, sins of a solar empire etc. They are so much better than starcraft 2, starcraft 2 has a pitiful amount of units and is just boring. Blah blah blah /rant :p

like ones you can level up in warcraft 3? no it doesnt or not that I am aware of, i didnt really play much of starcraft 2 i wish i could sell it

No, Starcraft 2 is not just like Warcraft 3. Starcraft 2 is way beyond more powerful in every way. Starcraft 2's Map Editor is on a different league. There's a lot more potential to make custom maps/games. And yes, Starcraft 2 does have leveling heroes. They're just not used in the campaign or melee maps, but they are possible to make in custom maps/games. Not countering your rant or anything, cause it wasn't even a rant :p, it's just your opinion.