starcraft II is finally here at long last

SFR

Truth fears no questions

Pck21

Great great great news! StarCraft is one of my favorite games of all time. Why didn't they do this sooner??

TheOrangeDude

Great great great news! StarCraft is one of my favorite games of all time. Why didn't they do this sooner??

they did. they started the development right after warcraft 3 tft back in 2003. and then they got slow down by the god damn wow. and right now its being develope by a teamn of 40 elite blizzard programmer. when it comes to keeping secret, blizzard got to be number 1. Thats probably why it never let us down before. ;)

lupi

hum :( sc2 looks terrible in 3d :(. I was playing sc and sc:bw about 7 years on multi, and that was good game, now the animations looks like some beginer done it. Say no! sc2 in 3d ;(

HumanMage

Pretty cool I must say. But..I hope they are smart and dont make it too graphically intense..or else I'll miss out >.<. Is there a release date set yet? (tentative?)

ADE

banned
Whats so good about start craft any way? I really don't like it and find it boring. I'm really only into FPS and 3rd PS. sorry, not my type.

TheOrangeDude

Whats so good about start craft any way? I really don't like it and find it boring. I'm really only into FPS and 3rd PS. sorry, not my type.

its ok every one is differenet. for me I find FPS crap and no fun, hidding in one place and hit people with gun or be snipped by some one else. not much thinking is involve.

HumanMage

ADE I can see where your coming from. Its like how some people dont like MMO's where you sit and kill monsters all day to gain XP and some "reward" Personally, I like all genres, well maybe not puzzle..I'm not a huge puzzle fan.

Balask

"When is the game coming out?

At this point, it's too early to provide an initial estimate on the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible."

This gives me little hope of it being released any time soon, it will be like Duke Nukem Forever as most Blizzard products are delayed anyway. I was hopping to play Starcraft Revolution http://www.wc3campaigns.net/revolution/index.php

but thanks to this announcement looks like that might be stopped.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow thats great.

i used to play the old starcraft all the time and i loved it.

this is definatly on my "Games to get list" :p

whats the system requirements?

yangster

Now tournaments in Korea is going to pop up all over the place after this game is released.

I'm not that good in strategy games, but after playing Supreme Commander a bit, I got the hang of it. Gonna try a demo or something if I can.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
As far as I know, supposedly the Diablo series was finished with the expansion for 2. (Don't remember where I heard that, it may be wrong...) Anyway, take a look at the FAQ at www.starcraft2.com and it will answer a lot of everyone's questions... As for my personal belief on when it will be released... another 2 to 3 years. Remember D2? Was supposed to come out in 98 or 99 and it was delayed to the summer of 2000! (Look inside your Brood War case it should have a little slip in there, can't find mine atm...) Anyway, I just hope they don't ruin the series like they did for WC3.

bluedishwasher

Apparently they were supposed to start it after they finished WoW but that was so popular and unexpectadly succesful they called it up to focus on the expansion but i think D3 could be one of the best selling RPG's of all time with the right marketing, after all, D2 was one of the most popular and is sitll the number one game for Mac! =]

Maddhatter

is it just me or does seeing that game in 3d not feel right? i haven't even played it yet and it looks weird. and WC3 was a terrible game WC2 is so much better and i still play it to this day.