Steam Summer Sales

Darren

Staff member
Well today is the most games I've ever seen on sale at once.

Only bought two things this year. Euro Truck Sim 2 and BL2 GOTY, even though I already had the base game.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Well Iended my sale binge buying Papers, Please for another $4.99. Spent just over $70 and change. Though mind you I did gift my brother Wagon Adventure and Game Dev Tycoon.

speedx77x

In total here's what I bought:
1. Payday 2
2. Skyrim Legendary Edition
3. Awesomenauts
4. Castle Crashers
5. Risk of Rain
6. Borderlands GOTY (For my Friend)
7. All 5 Head Hunter Packs and UVHM 2 For Borderland 2 (For my Friend)
8. Batman Arkham City GOTY
9. Witcher 1&2
10. Portal 2

Could have saved that or invested in all that money, but instead I bought video games.

Troncoso

VIP Member
I'm disappointed the Rust never went on sale. Besides that I tried spending money, but I already had most of what was on sale.

Darren

Staff member
A friend told me that the devs for Rust didn't want to put it on sale because it was still in alpha.

Bought Payday 2.

Last edited:

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
Hey STARS, here ya go! Available in China! :D

half-life-3.jpg

I knew it!
Freaking Chinese bastards! :D

Nah...that's probably a big joke on Gabe if you ask me.
If that really is Half-Life 3,their faces should look differently.I read they are working on the new concept art and I even saw few images...unless if they were fake...ahh...I don't know anything anymore lol...so many rumors and informations and pictures about Half-Life 3 and only God known as "Gabe" knows the real truth.

Hahaha plus the image on that box is old.I saw it LONG time ago before Half-Life 2 episode two even came out.
So I doubt they would use old picture for new Half-Life 3.
But anyway...here is Alyx in new concept art for Half-Life 3...if that's even true:
Alyx-Half-life-2-ep-3.jpg

Freaking Chinese bastards!
Playing with our feelings like that! :eek:

Argh! :mad: :D

NVX_185

Just picked up Age of Empires 2 HD and Tomb Raider for AU$16.50 all up. It was more of an impulse purchase since I had exams until a few days ago and the daily deals were ending in a couple of hours tonight lol.

*EDIT*

Also got Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Ed. for $3. Awesome deal.

Last edited:

beers

Staff member
Man my backlog just got even larger.

Total Damage:
3x Batman Games (for Girlfriend's account)
Assetto Corsa
Borderlands 2 GOTY
Dishonored
Farcry 3 (received via gift)
Hitman Absolution
Kingdoms of Amalur
Magic 2014
Metro Last Light
Payday 1 & 2
Resident Evil Revelations (Someone gifted it to me erroneously lol)
Tomb Raider
Tropico 4

Pretty cheap but not really enough time in the day to blaze through everything any time soon lol.

Troncoso

VIP Member
"we don't want to encourage people to buy right now."

What a horrid excuse. That's exactly why they put the game on early access to begin with.

Darren

Staff member
"we don't want to encourage people to buy right now."

What a horrid excuse. That's exactly why they put the game on early access to begin with.

I totally get it. If you're interested in contributing towards development of a game both financially and with input, then great. But if you're buying it because it's cheap and looks interesting then you might be disappointed but what is a pretty rough around the edges game that still has a long way to go.

I did just buy it though full price and have no regrets so far.

AnonNone

I totally get it. If you're interested in contributing towards development of a game both financially and with input, then great. But if you're buying it because it's cheap and looks interesting then you might be disappointed but what is a pretty rough around the edges game that still has a long way to go.

CF Rust server anyone?

Troncoso

VIP Member

Yeah, I get that's the consumer facing reason for not putting it on sale. But, if that was seriously their prerogative, then they wouldn't have put it on Steam early access.