Steam Trading

Aastii

VIP Member
What is Steam Trading

Whenever you buy a game bundle, gift or an extra copy of a game that you already own through Steam it is added to your Steam inventory. You may then either add the game to your library (if you don't own it already) or trade it to another Steam user. This way you can swap that game that you have or really don't want for one that you do want. You can also, from the goodness of your own heart, just give it away!!

You can also trade items that are stored in your inventory, such as TF2 weapons or armour in Spiral Knights for other items, games or tokens

How it works

You can view your inventory from your Steam community page. From there you can see what items, gifts and tokens you have available for trade. If there is something there you wish to trade, you can offer it to others in exchange for another game, item or token (Read below for how to do that here on the forums).

Once you have struck a deal with another user, first ensure they are on your friends list. If the person you are trading with hasn't mentioned their Steam name, you can find it here and add them. When you are both online, right click their name in your list and "Invite to Trade"

Invite_to_Trade.png

You will each place the items you want in your relevant area. Once each has placed them in, check that you agree with the trade and then once each has accepted, the trade is complete!! The new item is now in your Steam Inventory for you to add to your own library.

Trading on the forum

1. In order to trade on the computerforum website, you must have your Steam name added to the PC Gaming Communities and Usernames Thread

2. You must then create a post in this thread with the game/item/token that you have, whether you will be giving it away or trading, what you would like in return and if you are open for offers for trade

3. Anybody interested must contact the users via PM or Steam only. Please do not post in this thread showing interest so as to reduce clutter and make the trades clearer.

4. Once the trade is completed, post in this thread again saying which item you have traded/given away, to whom and edit your original post to either remove the item that has been traded or to clearly state it is no longer available

You may not trade games for anything that cannot be put into the Steam trade window. For example you may not sell games for real world money, CD keys, physical copies of games or other items, as these cannot be traded via Steam. You cannot trade money from your Steam wallet either

Rules of Trading

1. Scamming: Whilst it is, in theory, impossible for any scammers as both parties must agree on the items in the trade interface before any trading takes place, people may still try and you may still be caught out due to a momentary lapse of concentration.

If the opposite party is rushing you into a deal or when trade comes if they keep changing what they want to trade away from what was agreed do not carry on trading. Report what happened to myself either via Steam or PM on the forums.

If you were scammed out of a game, unfortunately we cannot do anything to get your games, tokens or items back from the other party, however please report it still

2: Giving Away Games: It is up to the user giving the game away who they give the game to. Whilst you may really want the game, their decision is final and if they say no, it means just that. However you may not give a game away to a user with less than 100 posts. You may however trade with them for another game

User History

Below is a list of all forum members that have completed trades, given away games and received game

Name | Given | Received

Aastii | 2 | 2
Denther | 1
mikeb2817 | 2 | 0
Punk | 0 | 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Aastii

VIP Member
I want to trade:

Counter Strike
Killing Floor
BIT.TRIP BEAT

Would like ARMA 2: PMC, but am open to any other offers

Also have to give away:

Portal 2 75% off

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I want to trade:

Counter Strike
Killing Floor
BIT.TRIP BEAT

Would like ARMA 2: PMC, but am open to any other offers

Also have to give away:

Portal 2

I would like to have Portal 2.

I'll see I've some games to trade with.

You can't trade the games you want? I only got -50% for all dlc's with saints row: the third title...

Last edited by a moderator:

mrgcat

Got a 50% off voucher for any Saints Row the third dlc, trade preferably (Anything) but don't mind really. It runs out on the 10th of September so grab it quick

Punk

Staff member
I got a Humble Bundle and I have COmpany Of Heroes with the expansions for exchange :)

WeatherMan

I bought the THQ Humble Bundle last night because I was interested in Saints Row: The Third

I already had Metro 2033, and don't really want any of the other games that came with the bundle.

I am on the laptop right now so didn't want to install anything via steam, so didn't tick to install.

There's nothing in my inventory.

Is there any way I can trade Metro 2033 & the other games which I don't want?

Egon

I bought the THQ Humble Bundle last night because I was interested in Saints Row: The Third

I already had Metro 2033, and don't really want any of the other games that came with the bundle.

I am on the laptop right now so didn't want to install anything via steam, so didn't tick to install.

There's nothing in my inventory.

Is there any way I can trade Metro 2033 & the other games which I don't want?

You should be able to just message the person the game activation code(s).

Egon

Oh, I guess you didn't have the others activated on your steam account before using the key? Because I know that if you try to activate a game on your account that you already own on there it won't let you.

Punk

Staff member
I activated the key and it asked what games I wanted to install. I unchecked Company of Heroes as I already own them...