Suggestions for overclocking my 6000+? (stock 3.1GHz, 65nm)

Bartmasta

banned
That's cool man.

I'm gonna stick with 3.3. I don't need 3.4.

I need to play with the side of my case off or the temps are like 5-10'C higher (the fan is facing the inside of the case cause its one of those fans and my case doesnt have any fans or anything)

I'm stable with 745/1825/1085, I tried 750 and 1090 but I had cod4 crash.

smoothjk

Your GPU is definitely better than my version. I OC'ed my GPU to 720/1800/980 before, and it tested stable during FurMark and other tests...but if I played CS:Source for about 30 minutes, it would artifact heavily and mess up the textures. I guess what I considered "stable" before wasn't really in real world tests. I've gotten 10772 based on synthetic stability before, but here are my rock-stable settings...3.38 for CPU, a measly 704/1760/965 for the GPU.

338Orthosload.jpg

Stable3dmark0610532.jpg

Last edited:

Bartmasta

banned
That's cool. It's better to keep your settings stable than a little higher and unstable.

I wonder if my cpu would survive 8 hours of Orthos, the temps are stable and I didn't have any problems with it for gaming so I think I'm pretty good.

Really nice cpu temps though, I get 60'C with Orthos.

Yeah my gfx card is where I beat you, 3.0 scores by almost 200 and 2.0 by 100 or so but your cpu score beats mine.

I wonder how my fan is gonna do on a Phenom?

By the way, any prices drop for the Phenoms? Which ones do you have an eye on? :D

3dmark06.jpg

zer0_c00l

You have am2+ board? THEY REALLY CHEAP I PICKED MINE UP OFF THE EGG FOR A COOL 100.00 BUCKS srry for caps to lazy to rewrite also bet with a + board you could squezze 3.4 outta that 6000+

Last edited:

Bartmasta

banned
Yeah I got my am2+ board 3 weeks ago cause I needed to get my 6000+ and b4 I had a 3500+ single core.

Btw how am I supposed to get 3.4? I tried 3.4 at 1.45 and orthos was crashing after 3 seconds.

You have a Zalman maybe thats why, I use arctic cooler pro and I get 60'C on orthos on 1.425 3.3

zer0_c00l

well every chip and board perform a little diff...ill put up some benchmarks in a while and show ya how i did it

smoothjk

I definitely have my eye on the upcoming Denebs. I was thinking either the 3.0 or the 2.6 (because it's 95W, and might be safer considering my board supports up to 125W max).

But if the current Phenom 9950 BE comes down in price a lot because of the new Denebs, I might even consider that. =) I'd also have to get some PC2-8500 RAM, and I'll probably get a Radeon 4850 as well.

BTW, my case is also something to consider. I have good airflow in that thing, and after reading more on it, it's considered an excellent case for temps. I think I have four fans total running in that thing...more might be overkill.

smoothjk

so how am I supposed to get it to 3.4?

Hard to say for sure, but you might possibly be limited by your mobo or your PSU. It's 500W, but I noticed it doesn't have a great efficiency rating and the 12V rails (two of them) don't have a lot of current available (15 and 17a).

Again, I'm not sure...just throwing out some guesses. =/ Good luck man!

Bartmasta

banned
heh thanks but Im gonna stay at 3.3, dont need the best and its not a big difference anyways

I had to slightly lower my gfx card speed 740/2170/1820 because after 1 hour of cod4 i got artifacts and my pc froze

smoothjk

Yea hard to tell how a GPU OC will hold up until you actually play some games with it. =) Still a nice overclock, though.