Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The sytem idle process means exactly that. Your system is at 74% idle state. The process using your cpu right now is the interrupts process under system at 23.73. From what i've researched this high cpu usage means you have a hardware issue somewhere. Such as a bad cable or bad cdrom drive probably. try disconnecting your data cables going to and cdrom drive you have and turn the system on and see if that helps. Do you have any cd emulation software running at bootup? such as daemon tools or alcohol 120?

Itts Cole

i do have a virtual drive but removed it from the start-up list, it would also be difficult to troubleshoot any hardware as im on a laptop

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. The only thing you can do then is try updating drivers and see if that changes anything.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I also suggest looking at the event viewer logs to see if anything stands out. Most of the time event viewer logs help determine causes of issues.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It all depends on what the errors are. If there are errors listed then post what they are and I'll do my best to help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Would need you to open each of those and write down the description and post back here. It could be those service control manager or even the ones listed as cdrom. Let me know what the details are.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that, could you actually give me the screenshot from the general tab instead?

Itts Cole

The Windows Modules Installer service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The PEVSystemStart service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

The PEVSystemStart service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

The device, \Device\CdRom2, has a bad block.

same as 4

The previous system shutdown at 3:37:15 AM on ‎3/‎10/‎2014 was unexpected.

The device, \Device\CdRom2, has a bad block.

:rolleyes:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you remember having a cd in the drive on march 3rd? When did the cpu usage issue start happening? I'm trying to determine if the cdrom drive is bad or possibly you were having an issue with a cd in the drive at the time.