The Best Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech_Man

Well, from my experience, NOD32 is my prefered antivirus. I have used for years now, and it is working just perfect.

kc-atl

Avast and Norton are HUGE system hogs

on my dell xps and my netbook running W7 i have Norton 360 and cannot tell that they are running.. No Hog here.. now i will agree that untill 2007 there software was a hog. they have come along way since. i am well pleased.

XSIMan

Zone Alarm since the latest version Nothing not even spyware has got through it even blocks all the maleware facebook sends to your computer.

G25r8cer

on my dell xps and my netbook running W7 i have Norton 360 and cannot tell that they are running.. No Hog here.. now i will agree that untill 2007 there software was a hog. they have come along way since. i am well pleased.

Once a hog, always a hog

starlitjoker

KAV hands down... no other anti virus beats it... i swear to everything awesome, if you buy KAV you will be protected like a triple wraped tool in a dirty you know what... trust me... KAV = best, updates virus signatures ALOT quick 10 second updates that start automatically that update whenever new viruses are released, or new strains of trojans are released. super fast detection. I love it.

G25r8cer

KAV hands down... no other anti virus beats it... i swear to everything awesome, if you buy KAV you will be protected like a triple wraped tool in a dirty you know what... trust me... KAV = best, updates virus signatures ALOT quick 10 second updates that start automatically that update whenever new viruses are released, or new strains of trojans are released. super fast detection. I love it.

To say that one AV outperforms another top-notch AV is just redic!! There is no way to confirm/test this. Different av's respond/act to different things. Too many av's alert of false positives and this gets really annoying.

TFT

VIP Member
Because no-one will admit to having crap software on their computer, their own installed antivirus is always the best.
You will never get a true answer so read as many independant reviews as possible to help make your mind up.

BTW, I have AVG suite and it beats anything out there :p

G25r8cer

Because no-one will admit to having crap software on their computer, their own installed antivirus is always the best.
You will never get a true answer so read as many independant reviews as possible to help make your mind up.

BTW, I have AVG suite and it beats anything out there :p

^^ Correct The best way to find an answer is to research using google, then?

Find a non-biased website which, may be difficult.

TFT

VIP Member
Yeah, or reviews in PC magazines maybe. It's a minefield out there and so hard to get unbiased opinions.

Samuel.Leo

Microsoft Security Essentials sucks!
I like Kaspersky and Nod32, Kaspersky is for the advanced users, you can set a lot of things, and Nod32 in another way, is easier to use!

Grindon

I use the free ones. Avast and AVG free

I have never had any issues with viruses on my laptop. Avast is better at detecing viruses from websites coming into my computer, have got alerts from several bogus websites before for trojans and worms.

AVG seems to operate better when just scanning my computer every weekend as it has seemed to pick up more malware and viruses than the avast scan.

So far no issues regarding viruses but I avoid websites that are reknowed for viruses at all costs.

djarvis1one

I've been using Avast Home free for about 5 years with excellent results. It always informs me of any incoming garbage and my breath has never been fresher.
AVG Free was a nightmare, and Norton 360 (shudder) I can still feel it on the roof of my mouth.

G25r8cer

Avast has really good protection/alerts but, its a system hog. It uses like 5-6 processes by itself. While on the otherhand ESET and nod32 use 2 resources.

starlitjoker

ive used alot of AV, nortan sucks... tbh and mcafee is ok for internet use and such but doesnt respond quickly and efficiently to most trojans or poison ivy, and AVG is good to but thats for server protection i feel.. idk but most business use AVG so they cant be wrong.. but i love KAV so:/ i had all of those i mentioned and KAV beats them all..

Status
Not open for further replies.