gimmigzgy

eset nod32 is better than any anti virus I've tried,
no virus has ever entered my pc when I got this anti virus

linkin

VIP Member
I've been using AVG Internet Security since version 8.0

I have not been infected once yet, on XP, Vista or 7

bossie

I have a problem, My computer when its booting up the screen just keep on jumping it continue as long as it boot up then it stop. i was wondering what could be the problem?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
A-Squared Anti-virus has been rated the best. I'm using it now and I think it's amazing!

ETSA

I was using avast, until a trojan slipped by it and ad-aware caught it. So now I use MSE, it has been useful and effective so far. (and yes it was up to date)

Cold Canuck

Avast ranks as The Best Free Antivirus Software.

I would think that, taking the worth of your computer's contents into account, you would want the best "Consumer-level" anti-virus application, not just the best FREE av app.

Even one such as NOD32 is just $ 39.99 from newegg.com, it may be expensive to some of you, but how expensive is a Trojan or some cracker using your system to DDoS a web site or sending you a key logger and getting your Credit Card information?

Just a thought, eh.

EWC88

I'm actaully in the market for a secruity system for my computers and so far I've seen comments on everything. I'm taking that NOD32, A-Squared Anti-virus, and AVG (free) are the most recommended?

Cold Canuck

Have you already picked a software firewall?

Take a look at COMODO, it has multiple levels of protection (or paranoia :-]), is free for non-commercial use and is very effective.

Some people get frustrated because it alerts to all of the things that might be signs of suspicious activity and doesn't only do so with inbound/outbound traffic, it watches all aspects of interaction between files and applications.

http://www.comodo.com/

Cheers, eh.

GaryCantley

Neil,

Although I agree that Kaspersky is the best around, it doesnt catch all Malware.

Until about 2 months ago I would have agreed, but in those 2 months I have seen 5 machines with Kaspersky and Malware.

dave1701

Disregard the post before me, he is a spammer. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, and my computer has been virus free as long as I have used it. It has caught quite a few viruses on my flash drive that were from other computers.

Alfreado

Use MSE myself on a laptop and a HTPC. While its caught a few things here and there, I've still been meaning to upgrade to nod32 for a few months now, I just don't know if I could trust MSE... esp on the HTPC, if I lose all the data on that I'd loose my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.