• Nvidia

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
That's exactly what I was thinking...If my X850 didn't support DX9.0c then I think BF2142 wouldn't be working right now...unless I missed something...
That's dsoftware enabled DX9 not hardware. It's the same way a DX7 card can play DX8 and 9 games (although slowly :p)

maroon1

Well, the 6 series couldn't handle any games with SM3, so I don't consider that too pertinent.

FarCry (v1.2 and later) and LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth II are both SM3.0 games and they can run on highest setting on 6600GT or 6800

My friend, your are totally wrong, the 6 series can handle any game with SM3.0

That's exactly what I was thinking...If my X850 didn't support DX9.0c then I think BF2142 wouldn't be working right now...unless I missed something...

BF2142 doesn't need SM3.0 card to run. You can run it normally with any SM2.0

[SIZE=-1]www.battlefield-2.biz/BF2142_System_Requirements.html[/SIZE]

what the hell i got x850 and im running on directx 9.0c

What do you mean by saying "your running on directx 9.0c" ?

If you mean that you have directx9.0c installed on you computer then thats normal, but your card can't run the full capabilities of DX9.0c

Splinter cell double agent needs at least DX9.0c (SM3.0) video card, and that game doesn't run on ATI X series because the X series can't run DX9.0c

maroon1

That's dsoftware enabled DX9 not hardware. It's the same way a DX7 card can play DX8 and 9 games (although slowly :p)

Ok, but most of the games will disable the features of DX9 when you try to play on DX8 or DX7 video cards

For example, HL2 or need for speed most wanted will automatically run on DX7.0 mode when you try to play it with Geforce 2 or Geforce 4MX

In DX7.0 mode, graphics usually don't look good as if you run it on DX8 or DX9 mode

G80 is superior... but r600 will be superior once its been released.
R600 is supposed to be superior, but still no one knows if it is superior or not

my vote goes ATI... especially since their cards have long had a reputation for longevity and supporting all the newer technologies
Not always true, nvidia supported newer technology with it's 6 series than ATI X series

Last edited:

wixostrix

Always ATi. I've gave nVidia chances with me twice and I just never like 'em. i thought getting the 7900GTO 512 would be great. all the game i play are not as smooth as my x1900xt 256. but since i sold that, i just bought an x1950xtx 512.

Status
Not open for further replies.