**The Droid Thread**

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
This is for all you guys (or gals) out there that have phones running Android .

Just got my HTC Aria running Android 2.1 and I absolutely love it! It's really nice and fast compared to Windows mobile!

HTC-Aria-Android.jpg

speedyink

VIP Member
I'm using a rooted HTC Legend Running Cynageonmod 6.1 Nightly. Very fast, intuitive, and customizable. I love it.

adaman7

Droid 2 here, but I am about to upgrade to X, fascinate or incredible for the wifi hotspot and processor speed. I just wish you could surf the net and use the phone at the same time even if it was slower.

Geoff

VIP Member
I have my Motorola Droid rooted, running Bugless Beast v0.5 2.2 and a custom 800MHz low-voltage kernel with wireless tethering support.

Droid 2 here, but I am about to upgrade to X, fascinate or incredible for the wifi hotspot and processor speed. I just wish you could surf the net and use the phone at the same time even if it was slower.
That's a limitation of Verizon's 1x and 3G network.

Motoxrdude

I'm running the droid. It's a pretty legit phone but I might have just bricked it trying to root it from froyo ><

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have the Blackberry 8530 now which sucks at web browsing(but when I'm at work, its all I've got for now) but come March 1st will be getting the HTC EVO 4G

34026334-2-440-0_440x330.gif

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Have the Blackberry 8530 now which sucks at web browsing(but when I'm at work, its all I've got for now) but come March 1st will be getting the HTC EVO 4G

34026334-2-440-0_440x330.gif

I accidentally bought the wrong case and have an Evo one at home. It's a clear snap on case. If you want it I'll sell it to ya for $13 shipped.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I accidentally bought the wrong case and have an Evo one at home. It's a clear snap on case. If you want it I'll sell it to ya for $13 shipped.

No thank you, I'm pretty hard on my phones, so I'll be getting an otterbox for it, hopefully.

cfh8167q_l.gif

g4m3rof1337

samsung-vibrant-rotate.jpg

Samsung Vibrant running 2.1 atm. I love it. It's awesome and very light. I'm considering rooting it and getting 2.2 on it, but GPS isn't supported yet, so.

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

[-0MEGA-];1549980 said:
I ran 900 on mine using a low voltage kernel!

People I know run 1.2GHz without any issue!

Which kernal are you running?

Lol running those kinds of speed is like taking crack. Sure you will have better performance, but your life expectancy is cut in half. :p

Geoff

VIP Member
Which kernal are you running?

Lol running those kinds of speed is like taking crack. Sure you will have better performance, but your life expectancy is cut in half. :p
That's where SetCPU comes in, I have mine set to utilize the speed only when it needs it, so when it's not doing anything it will run around 125-250MHz, but go up to 900MHz when I do need it. I also setup profiles so the max speed is 125MHz when the screen is off, and max speed as 400MHz when the battery is under 30%.

I can't remember the kernel I'm running though, drawing a blank!