**The Droid Thread**

speedyink

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1549980 said:
I ran 900 on mine using a low voltage kernel!

People I know run 1.2GHz without any issue!

Wow, what is the original clock for that device? I haven't pushed mine past 806 yet.

mx344

I have a g1, pretty nice, old, but i love the keyboard, and screen size. Kinda slow though, Im only running 1.6 :p

joh06937

got my droid x last week :D dropped my blackberry about 1 foot and it broke so i got an android. the difference is effin night and day. never going back to blackberry! not that blackberry is really all that bad. was a good phone. but it is nothing like an android :)

James79

Have the Blackberry 8530 now which sucks at web browsing(but when I'm at work, its all I've got for now) but come March 1st will be getting the HTC EVO 4G

34026334-2-440-0_440x330.gif

I had this phone since the day it came out. You'll love it! Mark my word.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I had this phone since the day it came out. You'll love it! Mark my word.

I'm sure I will as i've played with it at the sprint store almost 2 weeks ago. It was actually a working model, could text, browse the web, make a phone call. I can't wait.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Anyone got the X yet??? I'm going to get it soon, but I wanted some opinions before my final purchase. Will there be something similar to it coming out soon? except maybe 4g?? or just better?

Dramen

I just threw away my smartphone thanks to a corrupt win mobile OS and now have a shiny new Vodafone 845 running Android 2.1. It's the first touch screen I've owned and on the cheaper end of the market but and I must say I'm really impressed with Android. The apps and game downloads from Market are pretty cool. I haven't found any accessories for this type of phone in NZ yet, can you get a protective case for them?, wouldn't want the screen to get scratched.

k1e6ib.png

Geoff

VIP Member
I really don't know what the big deal with the iPhone is anymore, I had a 3G for 2 years and while it was awesome when the iPhone first came out, it's really getting dated. For the most part the OS interface has remained the same since it came out, with the exception of custom wallpapers now. The Android is much sleeker looking, and can be customized almost any way you want.

Calibretto

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1557646 said:
I really don't know what the big deal with the iPhone is anymore, I had a 3G for 2 years and while it was awesome when the iPhone first came out, it's really getting dated. For the most part the OS interface has remained the same since it came out, with the exception of custom wallpapers now. The Android is much sleeker looking, and can be customized almost any way you want.

I agree that Android has a lot more options than iOS, but for the longest time, the iPhone was the winner in pure performance, but finally we're seeing Android phones that can compete with that.

Geoff

VIP Member
I agree that Android has a lot more options than iOS, but for the longest time, the iPhone was the winner in pure performance, but finally we're seeing Android phones that can compete with that.
Exactly, the iPhone was really ahead of it's time in relation to the current Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones, however since then Apple hasn't really changed the look or feel of the iPhone, while Android came to play and BB and WinMo have made significant changes.

I know there is a huge rumor going around about Verizon getting the iPhone, and for a while I couldn't wait for that to happen. But now I don't even know if I would want it after seeing how well Android has come along.

speedyink

VIP Member
Nice homescreen Geoff. Is that clock widget a beautiful widget clock? I'd post mine up but I'm too lazy to do it on my phone. Maybe later