The most useless key on the keyboard?

bratton

[-0MEGA-];411381 said:
Alot of new keyboards dont include the "insert" key anymore. But I actually need one for some CSS mods.

thankfully i now own one of those keyboards
edit: but the hate remains

DCIScouts

VIP Member
thankfully i now own one of those keyboards
edit: but the hate remains

LOL, I feel ya there man. Even if they ever remove the Windows key, I will still heavily dislike that key forever and all time. Stupid thing did it to me yesterday..., why oh why would they put it between the ctrl and alt keys???? :(

Redbull{wings}

you do realize that the day they remove some of these keys and you get a new keyboard will be the day your looking for that right ctrl or windows key

btw i disected a keyboard a while back and all keys have an electrical board under them:p

dave597

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];411381 said:
Alot of new keyboards dont include the "insert" key anymore. But I actually need one for some CSS mods.
Yeh, that's true, my keyboard doesn't have an insert key; instead I have a delete key which is twice the size of an ordinary key.

dave597

VIP Member
you do realize that the day they remove some of these keys and you get a new keyboard will be the day your looking for that right ctrl or windows key

btw i disected a keyboard a while back and all keys have an electrical board under them:p

i flooded my keyboard once with a glass of water and ended up taking it apart. its amazing how they made them to be so resiliant to water damage; after a wipe-down with the old cloth the keyboard was functioning perfectly :)

leetkyle

The windows key should be locked! I always hit it while trying to find ALT (prone in battlefield 2) and it totally wrecks up my game.

Followed by the Function key on my keyboard - WHY DO I HAVE IT!? I have seperate keys for F1-F12 already!

dave597

VIP Member
The windows key should be locked! I always hit it while trying to find ALT (prone in battlefield 2) and it totally wrecks up my game.

Followed by the Function key on my keyboard - WHY DO I HAVE IT!? I have seperate keys for F1-F12 already!
jeez dont you have software to disable buttons? my keyboard driver (microsoft wireless 'multimedia' kybrd) has options which i can configure any key. also you can just use a screwdriver and pull the key out. thirdly - if you are carelss enough to press a wrong button on youre keyboard then you a) havent learnt touch typing, b) shouldnt be playing those kind of games imo

Redbull{wings}

i flooded my keyboard once with a glass of water and ended up taking it apart. its amazing how they made them to be so resiliant to water damage; after a wipe-down with the old cloth the keyboard was functioning perfectly :)

mine was old and needed clean but the dirt and such was so far down i had to take the entire thing apart and it is amazing how much these things can take

DCIScouts

VIP Member

Yeah, I forgot about that key. We have one computer at work that has a keyboard with that, and that key is always getting pressed... Why in the world would you want to have 2 options for your F1-F12 keys??? Now that I think about it, the Num Lock (more UNlock) option should be removed. The only time I think that might be useful is if the original key went dead. Still dumb though...

apj101

VIP Member
The only time I think that might be useful is if the original key went dead. Still dumb though...
i always use the numbers pad for entering numbers, but then i work with numbers all the time

Redbull{wings}

I have a suggestion for you when i play fps i have my fingers on wasd my pinky on ctrl(crouch) and my thumb on space(jump) now if you do this too then id suggest when u want to go prone just slide ur thumb from the spacebar to the alt key which is right next to it this way you dont have to spend valuable time looking for the key

Geoff

VIP Member
i always use the numbers pad for entering numbers, but then i work with numbers all the time

I always use the numberpad for entering numbers, it's much easier then using the numbers above the keypad.

And unlike apj, I don't use number constently. I will use the number pad to enter my password, or when im using the calculator, or anything else with numbers in it.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
if you press windows and pause/break it handily goes to system properties in windows. im gonna go with f8 as the most useless key.
F8, are you serious, how do you propose you get into SAFE MODE in Win XP if you didnt have F8...???

[-0MEGA-];411381 said:
INSERT is a great key, especially if you spend your life inside FTP clients as i do, INSERT creates new directories inside wherever you are browsing, its quite handy

yeh, people who use the top numbers dont deserve to live IMO, harsh but deserved. The numpad is so much easier its unbelievable

dragon